Beginning on Thursday, March 24, Iron Hill's Brewery & Restaurant will host their third-annual Bacon Madness, bringing basketball lovers and bacon lovers together since 2014.
Every Iron Hill location will feature a special menu of bacon dishes, all complemented by the company-wide release of Smokin’ Blonde, their popular Belgian-style blonde ale brewed with smoked malts for a subtle, sweet smoke flavor ideal for pairing with bacon-centric fare.
- Every Iron Hill location will feature different bacon dishes from Thursday, March 24 through Sunday, March 27, coinciding with the height of March Madness. Check social media for updates on the full bacon-inspired menus from all 11 Iron Hill locations.
- Ardmore: Maple-Bacon Cupcakes with bourbon candied bacon and sweet buttercream frosting
- Chestnut Hill: Sriracha Bacon Wings with bacon-infused Sriracha sauce, served with bell peppers and celery sticks
- Lancaster: Smoked Bacon Meatloaf with cheddar smashed Yukon gold potatoes, beer-braised carrots and pearl onions and tomato demiglace
- Maple Shade: Bacon-Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon with creamy polenta, Brussels sprouts and caramelized apples
- Media: Beer-Braised Pork Belly Salad with baby kale, red beet egg, exotic mushrooms, shaved fennel, sharp white cheddar and warm bacon vinaigrette
- Newark: Bacon Cheeseburger Eggrolls with bread-and-butter pickles, ketchup and beer mustard sauce
- North Wales: Crispy Smoked Bacon Mac’n’Cheese Bites with fiery chipotle ketchup
- Phoenixville: Beer and Cheese Chowder with bacon, smoked paprika oil and scallion
- Voorhees: Hot Bacon Crab Dip with focaccia breadsticks
- West Chester: Peanut Butter-Bacon Cheesecake with bacon-graham cracker crust and chocolate-dipped bacon
- Wilmington: Bleu Cheese-Bacon Stuffed Pork Loin with sweet potato hash and green apple-bourbon reduction
- Guests are encouraged to share their bacon-y favorites via social media using the hashtag #BaconMadness, and to sample bacon dishes at all of Iron Hill’s many locations while watching the NCAA tournament
About Iron Hill…Founded by home brewers Kevin Finn and Mark Edelson and restauranteur Kevin Davies in Newark, DE in 1996, Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant has blossomed from one restaurant and brewery to 11 locations across the mid-Atlantic. Each restaurant is dedicated to producing and serving top-quality hand-crafted beers and cuisine in a warm and hospitable setting, and all are open seven days a week for lunch and dinner. In 2014, Zagat honored Iron Hill by naming them the most popular restaurant in Philadelphia, and their beers have earned 44 medals from the Great American Beer Festival in an unbroken 19-year winning streak that continues today. They will debut their 12th location, in Huntingdon Valley, PA, in 2016.
Locations include…Newark, DE (147 East Main Street, 302-266-9000); Wilmington, DE (620 Justison Street, 302-472-2739); Media, PA (30 East State Street, 610-627-9000); West Chester, PA (3 West Gay Street, 610-738-9600); North Wales, PA (1460 Bethlehem Pike, 267-708-2000); Phoenixville, PA (130 East Bridge Street, 610-983-9333); Lancaster, PA (781 Harrisburg Pike, 717-291-9800); Maple Shade, NJ (124 East Kings Highway, 856-273-0300); Voorhees, NJ (13107 Town Center Boulevard, 856-545-9009); Chestnut Hill, PA (8400 Germantown Avenue, 215-948-5600); and Ardmore, PA (60 Greenfield Avenue, 610-228-2280).