Philadelphia, PA - An extravaganza for the eyes, ears, and yes taste buds was held under the shadow of the magnificent Ben Franklin Bridge Thursday night and what a spectacular show it was. Music and acrobatic performances were happening everywhere you looked. Wine, cocktails, and Food.
FringeArts with raffles and celebrities at every corner. The food! An array of chefs touted there goods in sample form for all to explore.The diversity of things to try was seemingly endless. All this to promote the
A few standouts in my book were as follows:
- Kanella’s Grape leaf with lamb and feta dip on a pita was a unique and flavorful Greek morsel
- Tredici Zavino presented a fabulous Chicken meatball in a ginger tomato sauce that enhanced the flavor of the dish to a new level. I just loved it.
- Sancho Pistola’s Salmon Tiradito with its’ citrus notes enlightened your mouth with a bright taste. A must try.
- Bruhaus with its smoked barley malt sausage sandwich was a hit. Especially with its red cabbage slaw to take the heat down a bit.
- LaDivisa Meats Mixed grill salsa verde was very succulent and tender. These guys know how to grill.
- Alma de Cuba with there smoked Marlin Tacos were simply outstanding. I wanted them bigger but just ate a few extra because you know….Tacos !!!
- Pod presented Teriyaki Meatballs with smoked bonito and kimchi were hauntingly wonderful. The rich smokey flavor stays with you in a good way.
- The brightest dish I sampled was The Dandelion with its Tandoori cured Salmon with mango chutney and cilantro. Very light.
- Parc had an assortment of desserts that were spectacular the standout for me was there cocoa layered opera cake topped with gold leaf! Yes…Yes, you want some.
It was a Feastival for funds to raise the Arts in Philadelphia and keep this city apart and above the rest with its culture and class. Well done to all.
The 8th Annual Audi FEASTIVAL in Philadelphia - co-hosted by Stephen Starr, Audrey ClaireTaichman and Mike Solomonov, will be held on Thursday, September 28, 2017 at FringeArts (140 N. Columbus Blvd., Philadelphia, PA 19106). Fringe2017World-class performance art and cuisine converge at the 2017 Audi FEASTIVAL for Philadelphia’s only powerhouse culinary and live arts bash benefitting FringeArts, on Thursday, September 28.
FEASTIVAL 2016 Celebrates Philly's Artistic and Culinary Scenes - September 29th 2016 marked one of the greatest culinary events of the year. Philadelphia knows how to throw a festival, but nothing compares to the showcase of talent and amazing performances at FEASTIVAL, hosted by Stephen Starr, Michael Solomonov, and Audrey Claire Taichman, and sponsored by Delaware Valley Audi Dealers, Philadelphia Magazine, PECO, and Sugarhouse Casino. Every September for the past six years, this premier arts festival joined forces with Philadelphia’s world-class restaurants to benefit for FringeArts.