Philadelphia, PA - When it comes to breakfast, I have some steady rules; I don't order syrup items; stay away from orange juice because I never seem to get enough of it, and finally, I always order scrapple. Below are 5 of my favorite spots for breakfast in Philadelphia.
Where to Eat Breakfast in Philly
1. Dew Inn - 501 W Girard Ave., a great spot with incredible customer service, friendly atmosphere, and the absolute best cheese grits I've ever had, they have breakfast platters, starting as low as $4.
2. Good Day Deli - 37 S 20th St., this could be the best value spot in Rittenhouse Square, because you can get a complete breakfast platter, starting at just $5, I also like the fact that the grill is right in front of you, so you see them cooking your food
3. Christie's Deli - 1822 Spring Garden St., another great spot with delicious rotating specials, I had the absolute most delicious braised Pork belly on special there, this is my go-to breakfast sandwich spot, they have a nice variety, with really cool names
4. Hinge Cafe' - 2652 E Somerset St., BYOB has a great breakfast, with really cool rotating options, such as cheesecake pancakes, duck eggs benedict, cinnamon roll pancakes and more, I stick with an omelet and potatoes because it is consistently delicious
5. Middle Child - 248 S 11th St, could have the fluffiest eggs I've ever had and a delicious veggie sandwich called a hoagie
Listen to Kevin Wilsons Radio Show "Dining on a Dime" at www.IndiePhilly.com each weekday at 11 am for more of Kevin's reviews and restaurant suggestions.