Philadelphia, PA - Snap Kitchen - Philadelphia Area Locations: Snap Kitchen will launch its East Coast expansion in the City of Brotherly Love. Over the course of the year, the company plans to open seven locations in the Philadelphia, Main Line and South Jersey regions.
Founded in 2010 in Austin, TX, Snap Kitchen provides healthy, handmade meals for busy people. Snap was established on the principle that real food should be convenient and delicious, and they live for making healthy meals that people will be excited to eat. Snap now spans three states with on demand delivery and 40+ shops located throughout Austin, Dallas, Houston, Chicago, and Philadelphia with additional locations inside select Whole Foods. Snap gives back to its local communities by donating all non-purchased food to local charities. For more information, please
News, Events and Specials:
News - Snap Kitchen’s New Fall Menu Items
AB&J OATMEAL BOWL - This play on the classic PB&J takes nostalgic flavors and elevates them for the adult palate. We cook up gluten free steel cut oats, quinoa, and organic flax seed for a base of complex carbs, fiber, plant protein, and essential fats. It’s all topped with almond butter, homemade strawberry compote, and candied sliced almonds. You can totally adult after breakfast.
Buffalo Style Chicken bowl -Sauté carrot, celery, green cabbage, red onion, kale, and butternut squash, which provides a veggie heavy base for roasted sweet potatoes, shredded hot chicken thighs, creamy blue cheese sauce, and tangy, spicy buffalo sauce. We keep our blue cheese sauce light with organic blue cheese, cashew crema, lemon juice, organic ACV, and green onion.
Chicken Pad Thai - This Thai classic gets the Snap treatment with spiralizedsweet potato noodles. Sweet potatoes are an awesome source of beta carotene, an antioxidant that functions as a vitamin A precursor. Betacarotene is a fat soluble nutrient, so the fat in this dish actually help your body absorb it! Now in three sizes, paleo, and Whole30 approved!
Snap Kitchen was created to break the compromises of traditional take-away by designing dishes that combine the trifecta of what a great meal should be:
1. Amazingly good: a wide selection of breakfast, lunch and dinner meals designed by a classically trained chef. Made from scratch daily and chilled to preserve freshness and flavor, Snap Kitchen meals contain the finest and most transparent ingredients. With more than 40 meal options, from Bison Quinoa Hash and Grass-fed Lamb Lasagna to Crispy Scottish Salmon and Chili and Eggs, Snap offers something for everyone.
2. Unbelievably healthy: perfectly portioned meals made with only real, non-processed ngredients. Ideal for any lifestyle ranging from Paleo and gluten-free to vegan and carb counters, Snap Kitchen meals are approved by the Chief Dietitian and pack an incredibly nutritional punch without losing any of the taste that makes them so crave-able.
3. Exceptionally easy: just warm it up and you’re good to go. Guests are often in and out of Snap Kitchen’s conveniently located stores in three minutes or less. Grabbing a great dinner on a quiet Tuesday night has never been easier. “The choice to make Philadelphia our first East Coast market was incredibly easy. An energized, cosmopolitan city with a long history of great food and great chefs, Philadelphia is the perfect place to launch the simple idea of great food that’s great for you,” says Snap Kitchen founder Martin Berson. “Philadelphians are smart, savvy and on-the-go, and they represent the perfect market for our kind of meals.”
The Philadelphia expansion comes at a time of significant growth for the company, and follows the recent announcement of its newly-appointed Chief Executive Officer, David Kirchhoff. A respected leader in the health and wellness sector with thirteen years at Weight Watchers International, most recently as its CEO, Kirchhoff explains, “Philadelphia is the perfect fit for Snap Kitchen. Much like the brand’s Austin roots, Philadelphia is a city that celebrates innovation, healthy living, and appreciates a well-rounded, healthy lifestyle. The city is on fire right now – with a rapidly-expanding dining, shopping, entertainment and culture scene. We are eager to be a part of that excitement and cannot wait to join in this winter.” The company also chose Philadelphia to unveil its new logo and design developed by acclaimed graphic designer Paula Scher and her firm Pentagram, known for branding work at the Philadelphia Museum of Art, MOMA and the New York City Ballet.
Menu items will be made fresh daily in Snap Kitchen’s 8,500 square-foot commissary in Fishtown. Four store locations are planned for the city and suburbs of Philadelphia during the month of February:
- Rittenhouse Square: 1901 Chestnut (19th & Chestnut), Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Old City: 243 Market Street (Corner of Market Street & 3rd), Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Fairmount: 1901 Callowhill Street (20th & Callowhill), Philadelphia, PA 19130
- Malvern: 5 S Morehall Rd (at Lancaster Ave.), Malvern, PA 19355
- Over the course of remainder of the year, three other openings are planned for:
- Midtown East: 1109 Walnut Street (11th & Walnut), Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Villanova, Pennsylvania: TBA
- Cherry Hill, New Jersey: TBA
Opening dates will be announced mid-January. Customers can register to receive a free meal from Snap Kitchen by visiting go.snapkitchen.com/philly. For real-time updates, great conversation and behind-the- scenes action, follow Snap Kitchen on Instagram @snapkitchenphilly and Twitter @snapkitchen.
Started in 2010, Snap Kitchen has been recognized by Nation’s Restaurant News as one of the nation’s top “Breakout Brands” and selected as one of Nation’s Restaurant News 2014 Hot Concepts award ecipients. Ninety-nine percent of the menu is gluten free, and there is a vast selection of vegetarian, vegan, paleo, dairy free, carb conscious and sodium conscious items. In addition to breakfast, lunch and dinner meals, Snap serves salads, cold pressed juices, chilled coffees and teas, soups, snacks, and desserts all under the better-for-you nutritional umbrella.
Snap Kitchen currently has 36 locations throughout Austin, Houston, Dallas and Chicago.