Philadelphia, PA - Ruth’s Chris Steak House & Aqimero At The Ritz a Modern Latin American Restaurants Coming to Philly: Both restaurants will be moving into hotel spaces this year, adding two new dining experiences to the Philadelphia restaurant seance.
- In May 2016, The Ritz-Carlton, Philadelphia welcomes the highly anticipated Aqimero, Denver-based Chef Richard Sandoval’s latest restaurant showpiece. Beneath the hotel’s Pantheonic dome, the redesigned, 206-seat dining room serves as the newest seafood play space for the Mexican-born chef, who already operates a few dozen successes across the country. On the menu? Wood-grilled wild salmon, black bass, Atlantic halibut and other fresh fish entrees served up with made-to-order marinades, as well as steak and poultry dishes. An expansive sushi and ceviche raw bar overflows with oysters, King crab legs, octopus, spicy tuna and more. The breakfast-through-dinner restaurant, which comprises the lobby’s bar and lounge, is expected to be the most visible of the hotel’s multimillion-dollar update. 10 Avenue of the Arts, (215) 523-8000, richardsandoval.com/aqimero
- The famously sizzling steaks of Ruth’s Chris Steak House make their anticipated return to Center City when owner Marsha Brown reopens her popular, upscale operation in May 2016 in the refreshed Sonesta Philadelphia Hotel. Prime beef (filets, New York strips, cowboy ribeyes, Porterhouse for two, all served on 500°F plates) and potatoes (baked, au gratin, in fries and casseroles, along with creamed spinach and massive onion rings) star on the handsome franchise’s menu, as do Caribbean lobster tails and succulent barbecue shrimp. The steakhouse joins the hotel’s Art Bar, a modern, communal-minded cocktail space featuring artwork furnished by The Center for Emerging Visual Artists. 1800 Market Street, (215) 790-1515, ruthschris.com
- Jose Garces' to Open Restaurant 24: 2401 Walnut Street in Philly
- Snap Kitchen: Old City Philadelphia Location Opens This Week
- The Little Lion: Old City Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Philadelphia: Notable Openings & Expansion Winter & Fall 2016