Philadelphia, PA - Their is nothing like a Brazilian steakhouse. With meat grilled and carved from large skewers and presented with genuine sides, the various meats and sandwiches from all these top Brazilian spots are an event like none other. As, South America’s biggest country is home to all kinds of unique food and drinks. Here’s where to come across the flavors of Brazil in Philadelphia.
Where to Eat Brazilian Food in Philadelphia:
- Fogo de Chao - Bring your appetite to this all you can eat rodizio encounter. Beginning with their well stocked fresh salad bar, then be prepared for an assortment of carved to order various meats served table side by knowledgeable servers. 1337 Chestnut St,(215) 636-9700
- Chima - Offers the complete Brazilian steakhouse experience, this particular Center City hotspot lightens things up featuring an all access pass to the salad bar throughout the weekday lunch hours. It consists of anything from beef carpaccio to blue cheese topped endive salad as well as veggie skewers hot off the cooker, making lunch breaks here one of the better bargains in Center City. 1901 John F Kennedy Blvd.; 215-525-3233
- Picanha Brazilian Grill - This Brazil, steakhouse started in Northeast Philadelphia in 2005. The restaurant is known for its "Picanha" sliced from huge skewers tableside, alongside with an array of other various meats such as pork sausage, marinated poultry, and short ribs. As well as grilled meats, sample more than 20 dishes from their buffet. Multiple types of meat can be purchased by the pound, or you can select the all-you-can-eat alternative. 6501 Castor Ave., (215) 743-464
- The Taste of Brazil - Meat is the featured item at this Brazilian restaurant. Choices vary from bacon wrapped sirloin to slow cooked brisket as well as well marbled skirt steak, each presented with their best chimichurri spiked by using sherry vinegar. The sides consist of anything from quinoa salad to tasty farofa, a starchy but fulfilling dish prepared with steamed yucca flour. 6222 Bustleton Ave.; 215-744-6206
- O Rei Da Picanha Steakhouse - Specialty sandwiches are generally the way to go at this homelike mom and pop. Please have a look at their hotdogs stuffed up with corn and also crispy potato sticks, bacon and egg beefburgers or the Big X Moda, an over the top meal packed with steak, chicken, ham along with mozzarella. Tiny, Brazilian eatery is serving specialized cuts of steak, specialty sandwiches & pizzas. 7534 Castor Ave.; 267-343-7707