Blueberry grilled cheese sandwiches: These sandwiches are a gooey cheese melted with honey, apples and butter. Perfect for kids’ lunch or dinner.
1 tablespoon softened butter
4 slices whole wheat bread
1 tablespoon honey
½ cup blueberries
2 to 3ozs. white Cheddar cheese or American, sliced thin
6 thin slices apple
1. Heat oven to 400 °F. Lightly butter one side of each bread slice.
2. Place bread on a work surface buttered-side-down. Drizzle honey over two of the slices; top with blueberries.
3. Add a slice of cheese, then the apple slices. Top with remaining cheese. Top with remaining two slices of bread, buttered-side–up.
4. In a heavy oven proof skillet over medium heat, cook sandwiches until golden brown on the bottom. Turn sandwiches over and transfer skillet to oven.
5. Bake about 5 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
6. Remove from oven and enjoy.
(yield): 2 sandwiches
- BBQ 101: Grilled Doughnut Recipe
- Recipe 101: St Petersburg Doughnuts
- Cooking 101: Boiled Salmon Recipe
- Baking 101: Basic Apple Pie Recipe
- Baking 101: Fried Apple Pie Recipe