Ardmore, PA - The Ardmore Initiative is pleased to announce the return of the popular Ardmore Antique & Vintage Market, in partnership with Phila Flea Markets, Sunday, April 29th from 8am-5pm on Rittenhouse Place in Downtown Ardmore (rain date Sunday, May 27th).
This bi-annual event features antique vendors from the tristate area offering a wide variety of antiques, collectibles, vintage and estate jewelry, clothing and accessories, antique furniture, vintage home furnishings, lighting, glassware, pottery, primitives, and much more.
“We are thrilled that Phila. Flea is back for another year,” said Marie Suvansin, Executive Director of the Ardmore Initiative. “The market is a great opportunity to welcome new visitors to Ardmoreand introduce them to our wonderful small businesses and many great restaurants. We are especially excited that many of our downtown businesses are bringing family-friendly activities – including a scavenger hunt! – to Rittenhouse Place to get the whole family involved.”
On top of shopping from the region's best antique and vintage vendors, the Ardmore Antique & Vintage Market will feature new surprises this year. Look for a variety of family-friendly activities to bring get even the youngest visitors involved in hunting for treasures! A sample of the planned activities include: a scavenger hunt through the market with candy prizes from pucciManuli, an “Ardmore Rocks” table where children can paint rocks to hide throughout downtown Ardmore, a chalk mob, custom coloring pages by Merion Art & Repro and more. Local author Nahjee Grant and Ardmore businesses Puns Toys, Profugo, and Imagem will host sidewalk fun with snacks and sales. The newest additions to Ardmore, Common Space, will also host a grand opening celebration during the Ardmore Antique and Flea Market, with music, crafts and complimentary cake and coffee all day.
A sampling of the vendors confirmed for the market include:
- Alex’s Antiques – Vintage and silver jewelry, collectibles and coins.
- A Vintage Home – In business for over 25 years, this shop specializes in mirrors, lamps, furniture and accessories.
- Auerbach and Maffia - This shop focuses on 20th century art and design, fine modernist jewelry, and vintage clothing or the forward-thinking fashion enthusiast.
- B & B Antiques – Extensive collection of art deco, art nouveau and unusual vintage jewelry.
- Eden Collective – Inventory includes antique and vintage jewelry, clothing and accessories with a keen eye on current fashion trends and modern style.
- Godfrey’s Antiques – Vintage items, estate jewelry, and unique collectibles.
- Home Furnishings by Dolores & Bill – Featured here are vintage and midcentury modern furniture, china, glassware, jewelry and other treasures.
- Irene Karas Textiles – Antique textiles, tribal weaving’s, carpets, fabrics and trims.
- J Hamilton Howard Antiques – Antiques, historical images, estate sterling jewelry, art and primitive furnishings. In business for over 15 years.
- LP Productions – Unique antiques, artifacts, ephemera, and modern and repurposed items that enliven conversation and generate curiosity.
- Lynn Dennis Towne & Country – Vintage and antique items from industrials to primitives. Home-grown and painted folk art gourds. Inventory is quirky, functional, and old school. In business for over 20 years.
- Mad Mattie’s Antiks – Specializing in exceptional antique and vintage jewelry, clothing and accessories and unique home furnishings.
- Meanderintiques – Vintage costume jewelry and sterling charms, small collectibles and antiques.
- More Than Old – Offering vintage and antique homewares with an emphasis on barware. Brick and mortar shop located on North 3rd Street in Old City, Philadelphia.
- Newtown Carriage House - Antiques, vintage jewelry, sterling silver and decorative arts.
- Nostalgia Collection – Vintage Mexican, costume and gold-filled jewelry along with an exquisite collection of Bakelite Jewelry. In business since 1985.
- Nue Gallery – Handmade antique and vintage items. Asian and Buddhist art and jewelry.
- Orville B. Lynn Antiques & Collectibles – Fine glassware, pottery, Asian artifacts, collectibles, and other artwork.
- Past2Presents - Vintage jewelry, glassware, memorabilia and collectibles. Items from the past become thoughtful gifts and investments that are useful, treasured and decorative in the present.
- Pocketbook Vintage – A selection of unique high end and vintage designer accessories, clothing and purses since 2005. Frequents major vintage and antiques shows throughout the country.
- Shoemakers’ – U S Coins and Currency, small antiques and ephemera
- Souli Home Decor – Recycled and repurposed antiques become one-of-a-kind furniture pieces.
- Stone & Wares – Country, primitive and architectural pieces, including unusual, make-do or one-of-a-kind pieces.
- T 2 C Mid-Century Modern - Midcentury modern furniture and lighting from post-World War II through the 60's.
- The Pony Shed – Antique and vintage wares including a rose-colored tapestry, designer and other costume jewelry, a vintage advertising lamp, vintage perfume bottles, geodes, dolls, fossils and more.
Parking in all Lower Merion Township lots and meters is free on Sundays and the SEPTA train station is just steps away from Rittenhouse Place.
For additional market details and parking information please visit www.DestinationArdmore.com or www.PhilaFleaMarkets.