Philadelphia PA – The Philadelphia Streets Department is currently preparing for Thursday morning’s anticipated snow storm. The current forecast calls for at least 4 inches of snow starting around 2 AM, then continuing throughout the day.
Streets Department crews will be dispatched in advance of the snow, around midnight, to salt primary and secondary roadways throughout Philadelphia. The Department has more than 50,000 tons of salt available. Crews will begin plowing as the snow accumulates. They will treat and plow side streets and neighborhood streets as conditions permit. The Department will have 350 trucks running the streets at the peak of the operation.
Sanitation collection tomorrow will be suspended. Residents in neighborhoods that normally have collections on Thursdays are asked to hold their trash until the following week. Crews are expected to resume collections on Friday but residents should expect delays. There will be no collections picked up in driveways beginning Friday. Residents should place materials at curbside to be picked up.
- Philadelphia to Declare Snow Emergency in Advance of Storm
- Pietro’s Coal Oven Pizza's Family Tradition of Great Pizza
- Philly Loves Beer Presents Flannel Animal at The Heritage
- Uber's Top Valentine's Day List for Philadelphia
- Barenaked Ladies Coming to Valley Forge Music Fair