Philadelphia, PA - Mayor Kenney announced the appointment of five new members to the Community College of Philadelphia Board of Trustees ahead of the 2018-2019 academic year. Two existing trustees were reappointed.
The trustees were selected based on a list submitted by the Nominating Panel established by Councilmanic Ordinance. The Community College of Philadelphia Board of Trustees consists of 15 members, divided into three classes and appointed to terms of six years each.
The appointees are:
- H. Patrick Clancy, President and CEO, Philadelphia Works, Inc.
- Harold T. Epps, Commerce Director, City of Philadelphia
- V. Steve Herzog, Senior Vice President, Strategic Planning, Philadelphia Energy Solutions (reappointed)
- Sheila Ireland, Executive Director, Office of Workforce Development, City of Philadelphia
- Sharon A. Jean-Baptiste, Regional Director for Solutions and Technology, Jacobs
- Mindy M. Posoff, Managing Director, Golden Seeds and Founder, Traversent Capital Partners, LLC
- Jeremiah J. White, Jr., CEO, White and Associates (reappointed)
“I have always supported the development of a more robust partnership between the College and Philadelphia’s business community,” said Mayor Kenney. “It is my great honor to appoint individuals to the Community College of Philadelphia Board of Trustees who will strengthen those connections and help build a stronger economic future for our city.”
Mayor Kenney’s appointments add a wealth of experience from the workforce development and business communities. In the past decades, community colleges across the country have broadened their economic development role to include customized training, small business assistance, and new, stackable credentials, which are accumulated over time to build up qualifications and help workers advance their careers. All three are critical to Philadelphia’s continued growth.