PHILDAELPHIA PA — The City of Philadelphia today has released the following parking restrictions and road closures pertaining to the 2017 Mummers Parade. Road closures will begin the evening of Thursday, December 29, along the parade route, which starts at City Hall and moves south to Washington Avenue. The parade will take place on January 1, 2017 and restrictions will be lifted at the conclusion of the event.
Thursday, December 29, 2016
Parking is prohibited from 6 PM on December 29, 2016 to 7 AM January 2, 2017, on the east side of 15th Street from JFK Blvd. to South Penn Square.
Friday, December 30, 2016
Two east travel lanes on 15th Street closed from JFK Blvd. to Market Street from 10:00AM-12:00PM for equipment load-in. 15th Street may be closed completely for short intervals during this timeframe if necessary.
Parking is prohibited from 2 AM on December 30, 2016 to 7 AM January 2, 2017, on the west side of 15th Street from JFK Blvd. to Market and Market to Ranstead Street.
Saturday, December 31, 2016
Two east travel lanes on 15th Street from JFK Blvd. to S. Penn Square closed for television compound setup starting at 10 AM. Closure to remain in place until 12 PM on Monday, January 2nd.
From 12 PM-6 PM 15th Street from JFK Blvd. to Chestnut Street and Market Street from 15th Street to 16th Street will be closed.
TENTATIVE: Starting at 6 PM Market Street will partially re-open east of 16th Street and 15th Street will partially re-open south of JFK Boulevard until 3:00 AM January 1.
Parking is prohibited from 4 AM on December 31, 2016 to 8 PM January 1, 2017, on West Market Street & JFK Blvd, from 15th to 20th Streets.
Sunday, January 1, 2017
From 3 AM until the event conclusion Market Street from 15th to 16th Street, 15th Street from Arch Street to Chestnut Street and JFK Boulevard from 15th Street to 20th Street will be closed.
From 7 PM until the event conclusion Broad Street from S. Penn Square (Parade route) and Washington Avenue from 12th Street to 18th Street (dispersal area) will be closed.
TRAFFIC WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO CROSS BROAD STREET WHILE THE PARADE IS IN PROGRESS. MOTORISTS ARE ADVISED TO AVOID THE AREA AND OBEY POSTED SIGNS AND DETOURS.
EVENT-GOERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO USE SEPTA (BROAD STREET AND MARKET-FRANKFORD LINES).
- Parking is prohibited from 4 AM to 8 PM on 15th Street from Arch Street to JFK Blvd.
- Parking is prohibited from 4 AM to 2 PM on Chestnut Street, from 16th to 18th Streets.
- Parking is prohibited from 6 AM to 8 PM on the 1500 block of Ranstead Street.
PARKING IS PROHIBITED ON JANUARY 1, 2017 FROM 2 AM TO 7 PM (Both sides of street unless noted):
- JFK Blvd from Juniper to 15th Street (SOUTH SIDE)
- JFK Blvd from Broad to 16th Street
- Juniper Street from JFK to South Penn Square
- South Penn Square from Juniper to 16th Street (SOUTH SIDE)
- Ben Franklin Parkway from 16th to 19th Street
- North Broad Street from Cherry to JFK Blvd (WEST SIDE)
- 15th Street from Race to JFK Blvd
- 16th Street from Chestnut to Race
- 17th Street from Ben Franklin Parkway to Ludlow
- 18th Street from Race to Ludlow
- 19th Street from Ben Franklin Parkway to Chestnut
- Cherry Street from 15th to 17th
- Arch Street from 15th to 17th
- Washington Ave from 12th to 18th
- Broad Street from Arch to Ellsworth