PHILADELPHIA, Pa - The Philly Farm and Food Fest returns on Saturday, April 8 at the PA Convention Center Hall F (12th and Arch Street, Philadelphia, PA 19102), with a year’s worth of local food inspiration in one action-packed day.
Philly Farm and Food Fest (PF3) is one of the country’s largest single-day local food festivals right here in the food-obsessed city of Philadelphia. This year's program boasts the biggest Kids Corral yet, over a dozen local cheesemakers at the Curd Convention, and the brand new Cider Town.
For the first time, Philly Farm and Food Fest will debut on a Saturday, making room for more exhibitors, live animals, and fun than ever before. PF3 is an exclusive opportunity to connect with the area’s makers and artisans, find your new favorite locally made food products, sign up for a CSA at the CSA Pop-Up Shop, chat with the region’s outstanding farmers, and celebrate the area's food community.
VIP Industry Preview hour begins at 10 a.m. with general admission at 11 a.m. until 4 p.m. Tickets can be purchased here, and children under 12 are FREE.
Highlights from this year include:
- PF3 Kitchen: Presented by PA Preferred, this year’s PF3 Kitchen schedule features demonstrations from George Sabatino, Owner of Aldine Restaurant, and Head Butcher of Primal Supply Meats, Heather Thomason. Join them and other local industry all-stars on a behind the scenes adventure into their kitchens and hear from the local farmers they source from everyday. Check out the full PF3 Kitchen line-up here.
- Curd Convention: The all day Cheese Festival-within-a-Festival, returns this year with host Aimee Olexy, owner and founder of Talula’s Garden, Daily, and Table. Over a dozen local cheesemongers will join Aimee for demonstrations and discussions about the vibrant cheesemaking community. Visit the Curd Convention schedule for more information.
- Kids Corral: All children under 12 are admitted free of charge and are encouraged to explore this year’s expanded Kids Corral. Presented by Chipotle, it's full of exciting hands-on workshops, play area, storytelling, sing-a-longs, and more. The Corral also hosts adorable farm animals like pigs, alpacas, and baby goats. For the full list of exciting activities, visit here.
- Local Libations Lounge: Fun for the grown ups! Join regional brewers, distillers, and wine makers in the Libations Lounge for impromptu Q&A's and sampling. The Lounge is 21+ to enter and requires a $10 ticket upgrade (available while supplies last).
- Additional Exhibits: Stop by Cider Town and learn how to make hard apple cider with Pennsylvania-grown apples. Take in the sights of the vibrant Living Farm Display, a functioning high tunnel growing right on the Convention Center floor. DIY fans can visit the Homesteader's Stage to learn how to do anything from raising chickens in the city, to making your own kombucha. Find the Homesteader's Stage schedule here.