Philadelphia, PA - Now in its 12th season, Christmas Village in Philadelphia presented by Bank of America has grown into one of the region’s most unique and charming holiday destinations and attractions. Christmas Village, along with the Christmas Village Carousel in the Philadelphia City Hall Courtyard, The Made in Philadelphia Market and other holiday activities on Dilworth Park, has helped attract over one million people annually to Center City District.
Highlights of new things for 2019:
- Christmas Village in Philadelphia presented by Bank of America will return to LOVE Park with additional decorations, upgraded layout, and more event space to shop and stroll.
- Christmas Village is getting even more instagrammable! Snap that perfect shot with the new tree light installation that will illuminate the outdoor seating area and the beer garden called “The Alm.”
- Try our new and exclusive Holiday beer which can’t be found anywhere else.
- Mascot weekend is back! Philly’s favorite mascots will visit the market for a parade and dance off in cooperation with “Mascots for a Cure” to raise awareness for childhood cancer. This year, they will be joined by popular children's princesses and characters of “A Moment of Magic”!
- German Games to enrich the German American Weekend with a beer stein holding competition, bratwurst eating contest, and Christmas costume contest.
New vendors, e.g. local New Liberty Distillery, Really Reel Ginger, Nivas Collection, and RD Shadez will enrich the market for the first time. Plus, the Philadelphia
- Eagles will make their debut at Christmas Village with their original Philadelphia Eagles Pro Shop.
- New food options include Prosciutto or Salami option for the famous Swiss Raclette Cheese sandwiches, Pennsylvania Apple Cider, Tarte Flambee, and Cinnamon Rolls.
- Collector mug with a new design for 2019 and a new additional mug shaped like Santa’s boot! Also, look for the return of the beer stein that debuted last year and was sold out completely.
Food and Event Writer
My joy is aimed at food and foodie lovers. I enjoy covering trends, issues, and all things Philly