Philadelphia, PA - Authentic Mexican food in Philadelphia can be found throughout the city from South Philly’s Barbacoa to Philadelphia Tequila and Toco joints. But where are the best Mexican restaurants in Philadelphia for yummy tacos and burritos?
Chances are if you live in Philly, you’ll find a Mexican restaurant near you and almost everyone in Philadelphia has their favorite Mexican eatery. However, If you don’t have a favorite already, we have a few suggestions on where you can go to get some of the best Mexican food in Philadelphia.
Top Mexican Restaurants in Philadelphia
- Los Gallos - Is a brightly colored BYOB that specializes in time-honored tacos and burritos with a wide variety of fillings. 951 Wolf St, Philadelphia, PA 19148
- Blue Corn – A Mexican eatery offering up time-honored Mexican fare and drinks. 940 S 9th St, Philadelphia, PA 19147
- Cafe Ynez – A vibrant diner offering Mexican food and specializing on rotisserie chicken. 2025 Washington Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19146
- El Azteca Uno - A well-known Mexican eatery in and inviting location serving up authentic Mexican dishes. 714 Chestnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Café y Chocolate – A cute coffee shop that provides an extensive Mexican menu. 1532 Snyder Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19145
- South Philly Barbacoa – Award-winning Mexican eatery from celebrity chef Cristina Martinez’s, devoted to the time-honored slow-cooked barbacoa tacos and unique toppings. 1140 S 9th St, Philadelphia, PA 19147
- El Rey – Philly's Stephen Starr’s, laid-back Mexican café and diner, is a must-stop for tacos and burritos. 2013 Chestnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Rosy's Taco Bar - Laid-back, modern taco joint serving the classics along with cocktails and one of the city's best happy hours. 2220 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Jose Pistola's - Artistic Mexican fare offering cheap margaritas and pitchers during the course of happy hour. 263 S 15th St, Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Philly Tacos - Basic Mexican food is done right at this small BYOB offering a wide array of quesadillas, tacos, and platter options. 2011 Reed St, Philadelphia, PA 19146
Other Articles About Mexican Food in Philadelphia
Tacos and Taquerias in Philadelphia - Tacos are a time-honored Mexican dish comprised of corn, wheat, or flour tortilla with a variety of fillings. Philadelphia has several great taco restaurants from Mexican eateries offering up this time-honored traditional fare to informal countertop joints
Fajitas in Philadelphia - The Fajita is a Tex-Mex and Mexican cuisine consisting of grilled meats, usually served as a taco on a flour or corn tortilla. In Philadelphia, the Fajita can be found at popular restaurants to traditional Mexican joints.