Philadelphia, PA - Some of the best Italian restaurants are found in neighborhoods with an old-world charter, offering their customers traditional Italian fare with plenty of red-sauced pasta and wine.
In South Philly alone, Italian restaurants can be found in every neighborhood, from award-winning BYOB's like Ristorante Pesto to classic old-world establishments like Dante & Luigi's. Over the years, Philly has built a reputation for having some of the best Italian restaurants, and listed below are just a few of our favorites.
10 Best Italian Red-Sauce Joints in Philadelphia
- Ristorante Pesto - An award-winning family-run BYOB specializing in Southern Italian cuisine in a small by cozy neighborhood location. 1915 S Broad St, Philadelphia, PA 19148
- Dante & Luigi's - Two unassuming townhouses lead you into this spacious Italian restaurant with classic old-world cuisine. 762 S 10th St, Philadelphia, PA 19147
- Ralph's Italian Restaurant - Traditional Italian dinners served in an old-world setting since 1900 and one of the oldest eateries in Philadelphia. 760 S 9th St, Philadelphia, PA 19147
- L'Angolo Ristorante – A small BYOB located on a cozy corner and serving up some of Philly’s best homestyle Italian fare. 1415 W Porter St, Philadelphia, PA 19145
- Murph's Bar - Pennies cover the counter at this cozy Irish pub serving up some of the best Italian dishes in the city. 202 E Girard Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19125
- The Victor Café – A traditional Italian eatery with a side of opera, and recognized for its Italian fare as well as live performances. 1303 Dickinson St, Philadelphia, PA 19147
- Gran Caffe L'Aquila – A bi-level Italian Café in Rittenhouse Square serving up gelato & coffee to classic Italian dishes. 1716 Chestnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Villa di Roma - A well-known spot for Italian classics in a warm and inviting location with a family-friendly setting. 936 S 9th St, Philadelphia, PA 19147
- Little Nonna's - Time-honored Italian dishes served up in a trattoria environment along with an open kitchen concept. 1234 Locust St, Philadelphia, PA 19107
- La Nonna – Roman & Regional Cuisine on South Street, offering up Italian favorites from pasta to soups. 214 South St, Philadelphia, PA 19147
Written By: Philly Bite Magazines Staff
Philadelphia Best Of Series consists of round-ups of where to find the best food, entertainment and more in Philly.
Best Philadelphia Italian Restaurants
The 10 Best Steakhouses in Philadelphia - The best steakhouse, steak house, or chophouse is a restaurant that specializes in great steaks and chops and in Philadelphia, finding a great steakhouse is not as hard as you might think. From trendy traditional to high-end steakhouses, Philly has its share of great restaurants to enjoy steak.
Steakhouses in South Jersey - From trendy traditional to high-end steakhouses, Jersey has its share of steakhouses and restaurants to enjoy steak.
South Jersey Burgers - South Jersey has its share of great burger shops, from the retro "Pop Shop" to busy counter service and old fashion burger joints.