Philadelphia, PA - Southern-Fried Chicken, or Fried Chicken, can be described as a dish containing chicken pieces that have been covered with a seasoned batter then either pan-fried, deep-fried, or even pressure fried.
In Philadelphia, Fried Chicken can be from at some of the area's best and well-known restaurants from comfort food spots like Love & Honey to Southern eateries like Twisted Tail and Rex 1516. Listed below are a few of our favorite restaurants serving up some of Philly's best-fried chicken.
Where to Find Fried Chicken in Philadelphia
- Love & Honey Fried Chicken – This place has a specialty fried chicken platters and pies together with Southern-style sides with a counter-style service. 1100 N Front St, Philadelphia, PA 19123
- The Twisted Tail – This place the best Southern fried chicken and cocktails, located just a block off South Street. Also, check out their nightly blues nights. 509 S 2nd St, Philadelphia, PA 19147
- Rex 1516 - Southern eatery featuring creative dishes with some out of this world fried chicken. 1516 South St, Philadelphia, PA 19146
- Bud & Marilyn's - This American eatery is serving up the classics such as southern-style fried chicken in a hip space. 1234 Locust St, Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Memphis Taproom - Southern comfort fare, including some must-try fried chicken with a great beer line-up with plenty of vegan choices in a stylish space. 2331 E Cumberland St, Philadelphia, PA 19125
Written By: Philly Bite Magazines Staff
Philadelphia Best Of Series consists of round-up of the best places to find great food, entertainment and more in Philly.
Best Philadelphia Fried Chicken