Philadelphia, PA - There’s more to St. Patrick’s Day than sporting green and day drinking (2018 NFL season here we come), see below for festive features Philadelphians can enjoy on St. Patrick’s Day:
- Urban Farmer - Craving classic Irish Soda Bread? Urban Farmer’s Pastry Chef George Fritzsche is baking favorites like soda bread ($10 per loaf) and shamrock cookies ($24 per dozen) for a St. Patrick’s Day bake sale. Pre-orders will end on Wednesday, March 14th at 11 a.m. and pick up is on Friday, March 16th from 11:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Those interested in ordering can call 215-963-2723 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. | 1850 Benjamin Franklin Parkway | 215-963-2788 | urbanfarmerphiladelphia.com
- Square 1682 - Philadelphians looking for an Irish-inspired pick-me-up can visit Center City’s Square 1682 for a Danny’s Wake cocktail, which is available all St. Patrick’s Day weekend for $12. Lead Bartender Daniel Kulisek’s specialty cocktail consists of Teeling Irish Whiskey, Belle Isle Cold Brew Coffee Premium Moonshine, whiskey barrel aged bitters and garnished with a toasted lemon peel. | 121 South 17th St. | 215-563-5008 | square1682.com
- The Sidecar Bar & Grille - Graduate Hospital neighborhood hotspot, The Sidecar Bar & Grille, is offering St. Patrick’s Day celebrators it’s new featured appetizer Jalapeño Poppers ($9). Wash down the cheese-stuffed and bacon-wrapped jalapeños with an Old Grandad Pickle Back Shot ($6). | 2201 Christian St. | 215-732-3429 | thesidecarbar.com
- Red Owl Tavern - No St. Patrick’s Day is complete without Irish whiskey! Red Owl Tavern’s Lead Bartender Kyle Darrow is pouring $5 shots of Tullamore Dew and $7 Irish Coffees all day on Saturday. Get an early start while enjoying Red Owl Tavern’s hearty brunch dishes. | 433 Chestnut St. | 215-923-2267 | redowltavern.com
- Bluebird Distilling - Life is all about balance, even on St. Patrick’s Day. Phoenixville’s Bluebird Distilling is shaking up glowing green Gin ‘N Juice cocktails for $11. The healthy-ish beverage is made with juniperus gin distilled onsite, English cucumber juice, lime and simple syrup. | 100 Bridge St. Phoenixville, PA 19460 | 610-933-7827 | bluebirddistilling.com
- Keen - Graduate Hospital’s eclectic bar and restaurant, is opening early this Saturday in celebration of St. Patrick’s Day. Thirsty guests can arrive at 1 p.m. to enjoy $3 Kenzinger, $3 High Life and $5 shots of Jameson. To snack on, Keen created an Irish-Mexican fusion with Shepherd’s Pie Tacos, two ground beef tacos topped with mashed potatoes, cooper sharp, peas and carrots ($10). | 1708 Lombard St. | 215-515-5336 | keenphilly.com
St. Patrick's Day Party & Foodie Idea's - It doesn’t take the Luck o’ the Irish to throw a great St. Patrick’s Day party. McCormick has developed tips and recipes for a festive celebration you’ll enjoy as much as your guests – including a make-ahead corned beef and ideas for using food color to tint food and drinks green.