Philadelphia, PA - Cinco de Mayo in Philly is sure to be big this year, thanks to the fact that the fifth of May falls on a Sunday in 2019. Which means you can overindulge on all the guacamole and margaritas you desire. In this article, we lay out the very best Cinco de Mayo Philadelphia events taking place and cheap tequila-based beverages at a few of the best bars in Philadelphia.
Where to Celebrate Cinco de Mayo in Philly
- Central Taco and Tequila is celebrating Cinco de Mayo all day long with $4 bottles of Corona and Corona Light and $3 Tecate cans, as well as $5 shots of Espolon tequila. Sombrero owners take note - the first five people to show up in one will receive free chips and guac. And for the lucky winner who guesses how many margaritas sold that day, there will be a $50 Central gift card. A DJ will play, and drinks will flow at the main bar and a satellite bar situated on their outdoor patio, including their margarita of the month, the Pineapple Cadillac.
- P.J. Whelihan’s, all locations will be kicking off their Endless Summer specials for the season. Starting on Cinco, all Corona bottles will be $3 all day, every day. Happy hour, which runs on weekdays from 3:30-6:30pm, will include $5 house wine, $5 Tito’s mixed drinks, $2.50 domestic drafts, as well as appetizer deals.
- Redz Restaurant in Mount Laurel (515 Fellowship Road) will be running a special just-for-Cinco de Mayo menu with $5 apps and cocktails from May 1 to May 5. This includes their classic nachos and chicken Baja enchilada soup, as well as a selection of tequila-based drinks. The Jalapeño Avocado Margarita is a fan favorite – it’s creamy and refreshing with just the right amount of kick.
- Northbound’s Smoky Marg, made with Boardroom Spirits FRESH Citrus vodka, Northbound Rye, and smoked agave nectar, is smooth and smoky-sweet. Enjoy for only $5 when you order the fish tacos on Cinco de Mayo! located in Souderton at 2 W Broad Street.
- Iron Hill in Media, check out the 19th annual Brandywine Valley Craft Brewers’ Festival on Saturday, 5/4. The festival is a beer lover’s paradise - for $45, guests get unlimited 2 oz samples of craft beer from over 20 local breweries, including Sterling Pig Brewery, Aston Abbey Brewing Company, and 2SP Brewing Company. Iron Hill has also crafted a menu specifically for the occasion – highlights include the BBQ Bacon American Cheese Burger and the Black Bean Hummus Wrap. Proceeds from this event will benefit the Media Youth Center.
- Distrito is celebrating Cinco De Mayo all weekend – from Saturday, May 4th – Sunday, May 5th guests can enjoy the following specials. Drink Specials: $2 Tecates, $4 Select Drafts, $5.50 Feliz Margaritas, $10 Patron Margaritas, $50 Feliz Margarita Towers (serves 10) or an $80 Patron Margarita Towers (serves 10). Food Specials: $2 chips & Salsa, 2 for $5 Pollo and Carnitas Tacos, $5 Nachos and $5 Flautas with Queso.
- Buena Onda will be offering weekend specials in celebration of Cinco de Mayo on Saturday, May 4th and Sunday, May 5th. Drink Specials:$5 Classic Margaritas, $7 Prickly Pear Margaritas and $4 Drafts. Food Specials: $3.50 Shrimp Tacos, $5 Chips & Guacamole and $Buena Bowls.
- ArtBar at Sonesta Philadelphia Rittenhouse Square, celebrate everyone’s favorite day to drink margaritas, Sonesta will offer $5 Margaritas all day at their premier cocktail bar & restaurant, ArtBar!