Philadelphia, PA - Fried pickles have become popular at many Philadelphia bars and restaurants, made by deep-frying sliced up battered dill pickles. Fried pickles initially made an appearance on the US culinary scene in the sixties and have recently become very popular on sports bars and pub menus.
The Best Fried Pickles in Philadelphia
- Village Whiskey - Incredible gastro-pub fare as well as raw-bar items coupled with niche drinks and tons of Bourbon choices. Must-Try: The Fried Pickel Appetizer 118 S 20th St, Philadelphia, PA 19103
- El Camino Real Restaurant - A trendy cantina meets up with a BBQ joint at this hopping Tex-Mex location. Must-Try: Fried Pickle Chips with spicy chili mayo. 1040 N 2nd St, Philadelphia, PA 19123
- Kite & Key - This neighborhood saloon offers guests a revolving beer and wine selection, with some great American pub-fare. Must-Try: Fried Pickles with Herb Panko and Comeback Sauce. 1836 Callowhill St, Philadelphia, PA 19130
- P'unk Burger - A stylish place to grab some organic, locally procured burgers alongside endless toppings and house-made sauces. Must-Try: The Pickel Chips. 1823 Passyunk Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19148
- Interstate Drafthouse - This cozy tavern is offering a great selection of craft beers and cocktails, along with a unique pub-grub menu. Must-Try: Fried Pickel Chips. 1235 E Palmer St, Philadelphia, PA 19125
- Catahoula - This New Orleans themed bar is offering traditional southern fare with some of Philly’s best game-day specials. Must-Try Fried Pickels with BBQ Aioli. 775 S Front St, Philadelphia, PA 19147
- Hatch & Coop - This laid-back counter-service, is offering up fried & roasted chicken specialty sandwiches and unique sides. Must-Try Fried Pickels with house dipping sauce. 122 S 12th St, Philadelphia, PA 19107
Written By: Philly Bite Magazines Staff
Philadelphia Best Of Series consists of round-up of the best places to find great food, entertainment and more in Philly.
Best Philadelphia Fried Pickles
Also, Read... Philly Bite Magazines Top Beer Articles
Citywide Specials in Philadelphia - In Philly, the “CityWide Special” is served at most dive bars, and consists of a shot of whiskey and a beer sold together at a discount price
Cocktail Bars In Philly - Philadelphia has its fair share of great Cocktail Bars and Taverns, from Stylish American Eateries to Restic Taverns.
Bars and Taverns in West Chester - West Chester University of Pennsylvania, a public university located in Chester County, Pennsylvania, 20 miles west of Philadelphia.