Architecture Walking Tours – The Preservation Alliance for Greater Philadelphia offers guided walking tours that interpret the past, present and future of the Philadelphia region as expressed through architecture, urban design and social history. Tours are about two hours long and available May through October; private tours are available year-round by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. 1608 Walnut Street, (215) 546-1146, www.preservationalliance.com
- Tours are led by experienced, volunteer guides from a wide range of backgrounds.
- There are twenty tours available to the public, with dozens more available for private groups.
- Because our tours cover so many diverse areas of the city, each tour meets at a different location. Check the listing of tours for each meeting location.
- Tours are offered at 10:00 am on Saturdays and 2:00 pm on Sundays May through October. During July and August there is also an evening tour at 6:00 pm on Wednesdays.
- These tours do not cater to your “typical” tourist market. Our tours are more specialized and more in-depth, making them a great option for adventurous tourists and inquisitive locals alike.
- Purchase tickets online or go to the designated tour meeting place and pay your tour guide (cash or check payable to Preservation Alliance). The group size is limited to 20 people; people with tickets get priority. Please print tickets purchased online when possible. Tours run approximately 1.5 to 2 hours.