Roast Food Truck – John Peralta’s Filipino food truck has perfected Cebu-style lechon—suckling pig roasted over coconut charcoal to turn rich and melty, then served with papaya slaw and sweet breakfast bread pandesal. Fans complete meals with traditional lumpia and colorful, parfait-like halo-halo dessert. Saturdays. Penn Treaty Park, (215) 361-9638, @roastphilly
Philadelphia, PA - Templetown is a neighborhood in the North Philadelphia section of the city of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States. The district is loosely arranged around the main campus of Temple University, hence the name 'Temple' town. Until recently, the area was primarily a slum, but is now rapidly gentrifying due to an influx of Temple students during the past several years and is a growing hot spot for Philly's Food Trucks.
Philadelphia, PA - A city reveals itself through its street food, and Philadelphia has always had a bountiful spread of on-the-fly options. Local food trucks run the gamut from student grub in stainless steel carts to upscale eats in high-tech mobile kitchens to roving trucks that keep foodies up-to-date on their whereabouts through Twitter.
Philadelphia, PA - Taproom on 19th (2400 S. 19th) and the Philly Mobile Food Truck Association celebrate the return of spring with the second annual “Tappin’ The Trucks, Brews n’ Bites Block Party” on Saturday, April 8, 2017, from Noon to 7:00pm. Five food trucks and five local brewers will pop-up outside of Taproom for an afternoon of brews, bites and live tunes.The taps will be flowing with all craft drafts specially priced at $5.00. All food and drink will be pay-as-you-go, cash only. Children and pets are welcome. 21 and over to drink (with identification).
Philadelphia Taco Trucks:
- Returning tacos to their street-eat roots, University City truck Tacos Don Memo Food Truck serves them up in foil-wrapped threes, bursting with saucy flavor, crisp onion and lots of cilantro. 38th Street between Locust & Spruce Streets, (610) 529-2039
- Like taqueria on wheels, Taco Loco has it all—the red, white and green motif; Jarritos; tortas; and simple but punchy al suadero, tripe and choriqueso tacos. The only difference? This kitchen comes and goes. Jefferson Square Park, 4th Street & Washington Avenue, (215) 883-9191
- The Diego Rivera-esque murals on the side of the Tacos El Rodeo truck are a giveaway. This mobile operation isn’t messing around. Of special note are the spit-roasted pork and variety meat tacos served with salsa on the side. 1000 Washington Avenue
- Adorable, alfresco Taco Angeleno serves spot-on renditions of fresh L.A. street food (tacos and smoothies) in a once abandoned, now flowering and twinkling with lights, open lot in West Philly. Chef-owner Vanessa Jerolmack fills tortillas with pork, chicken and seitan—Thursday through Sunday, spring through fall. 5019 Baltimore Avenue, @tacoangeleno
- Not exactly a moving vehicle per se, the Blue Route Taco Truck on the roof of Whole Foods Plymouth Meeting turns out some tasty fish, pork and veggie tacos (when open—hours are seasonal) and offers craft canned beer along with them. 500 W. Germantown Pike, Plymouth Meeting, (610) 832-0010
- Oyster PoBoy Event at Revolution Taco in Philly
- Revolution Taco Opening in Rittenhouse Square Philly
- Two UPenn Cooks: Looking to Launch Grassroots Food Truck
- Philly Food Trucks Returning to The 30th Street Porch
- Great Beer Expo 2016 Food Truck Line Up
Philadelphia, PA - Maker’s Mark® #ShareDelicious Holiday Tour is hitting the road and celebrating the spirit of the season for its 2nd annual charitable mobile holiday tour.
Philadelphia, PA - New! Pop-Up Restaurant at City Hall at North Broad Street (begins Friday, November 24). The new pop-up will join the Dilworth Plaza Holiday events such as Rothman Institute Ice Rink at Dilworth Plaza and Made in Philadelphia Holiday Market at Dilworth Plaza.
PhillyBite Whiskey Guide - Conviction Small Batch Bourbon has been released from prison. Southern Grace Distilleries, the first distillery in the United States to be located in a former prison, has released their first bourbon after opening their doors three and a half years ago: Conviction Small Batch Bourbon.
ROK Stars PLC, the consumer goods and environmental technologies development company founded by John Paul DeJoria and Jonathan Kendrick announce the addition of a limited edition Whiskey into the Bogart's Spirits portfolio.
Philadelphia, PA - Last weekend I met up with Matt Kozar of Breweries in Pennsylvania at Conshohocken Brewing Company For one of their signature can releases. Matt's a lover of craft beer and has been running the Breweries of Pennsylvania page for the past year and a half. Writing articles about local breweries has become a passion of his as he gets to travel over PA meeting with brewers and tasting their creations.
Philadelphia, PA - Pink Boots Society - The Pink Boots Society is a USA-based 501(c)3 non-profit organization with an international membership, and helps women further their beer careers through scholarships and educational programs. Today, Pink Boots Society has more than 1,500 members across 40 chapters.
Philadelphia, PA - This was a very entertaining evening for this mom of two. I decided to enjoy an evening in the city, out past dark and with people older than 15 years old and not my husband. What better way to start my night out than to have a bite and maybe a drink or two. SUGA located at 1720 Sansom Street has an amazing Happy Hour between 5-7pm that can soothe the rush hour beasts. Whether you are walking from work or driving into town, the warm and clean atmosphere of SUGA hits the spot.
Primo Hoagies – Philadelphia’s favorite cold sandwich is expertly composed at this local chain’s South Street outpost. This Primo gets points for its full bar with local craft drafts to pair with prosciutto and provolone-stuffed Italian.
Red Poke Express – The poke trend has touched down on South Street. This Hawaii-inspired spot offers sushi burritos and bowls and fish fantasies of customized poke with a rainbow of bright mix-ins.
Philadelphia's South Street - South Street Diner, Open 24 hours a day for breakfast, lunch and dinner, this 40-something favorite serves traditional diner fare, along with Greek specialties such as spanakopita. Fresh baked goods and free delivery make it a go-to. 140 South Street, (215) 627-5258.