Bow Tie Tours – Learning about Philadelphia’s—and America’s—history through the true tales of real-life characters who walked the city’s streets is the secret to the success of these dapperly dressed guides. Walking tours delve into the lives of George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, the soldiers of Valley Forge and influencers who inhabited the original city—and, if the group wants to know, the more intimate aspects of these influencers’ lives. (610) 642-2410, www.bowtietours.com
- Sex and the (First) City - It wasn’t all about duty and honor. Walk with us through the streets of Philadelphia as we discuss a side of the Founders that is rarely mentioned.
- The Rocky Tour - Fans of Rocky will love this tour, which takes you to all of the important sites used in the Rocky series!
- Ben Franklin Walking Tour - Join us as we explore Philadelphia through the eyes of our most colorful Founding Father on this entertaining and enlightening 90-minute walking tour.
- Washington’s Footsteps - We show you the Philadelphia that Washington knew and uncover the connections between our city and our nation’s birth!
- Washington Crossing and the Battle of Trenton - With his back against the wall, Washington took a wild gamble that transformed not only the war, but how Americans would perceive him from that day onward!
- Battle of Brandywine - England has left New York City in order to invade Philadelphia – Washington’s only hope of stopping them lies in the battle of Brandywine!
- Battle of Monmouth - Hear the story of how Washington turns things around in this battle and how he uses politics to vanquish not only his British adversaries, but some American ones as well!
- The Valley Forge Tour - Learn how leadership, perseverance, and a little luck helped us win our independence against incredible odds!