Philadelphia, PA - Cinco de Mayo falls on a Saturday this year. From the city's largest tacos and margaritas, to house-infused spirits to annual bar celebrations, this years celebration has something for everyone.
South Street District Events:
- South Street Spring Festival welcomes our first Mariachi band winding down the street this year - stay tuned for details and exact times. South Street businesses Copabanana, Fat Tuesday and Las Bugambilas will all serve margaritas. Revolution Taco Truck will serve their award-winning tacos, chips and salsa and other fare to celebrate Cinco. Also, look for many restaurants and bars to serve up their finest tacos and margaritas - and other Cinco de Mayo specialties.
- South Street Cinema (327 South) will cap the Cinco De Mayo Celebracion with a screening of the comedy classic, "The Three Amigos," starring Chevy Chase, Steve Martin & Martin Short at 8:00pm.
- Look for many South Street bars to show the Kentucky Derby - including Cavanaugh's Headhouse, Twisted Tail, Paddy Wacks, O'Neals and many others. Nothing beats the winner crossing the finish line with thousands of your fellow fans cheering up and down the street. The applause is contagious!
City Wide Events:
- Revolution Taco, celebrates its biggest day of the year with everything from free Chicharrón with any purchase, fresh fruit juice mixers for BYOT margaritas for only $3.00, and taco specials and favorites. Free orders of Chicharrón include barbecue spice plus home-made poblano ranch. Outside, Revolution Taco fires up an outdoor grill for the day with grilled hanger steak tacos (scallion salsa verde, white onion, cilantro), seasonal fish tacos and Grilled local oyster mushroom (Zatar, Romesco and a grilled scallion salsa). All tacos grilled outside are two for $8.00, no mix and match of orders. Plus look for special taco features inside - and of course, lots of chips, salsa, and other favorites - come hungry!
- Revolution Taco Truck at South Street Spring Festival, Revolution Taco Truck will be set up and prepared to serve thousands of guests at South Street Spring Festival on South Street, between Front and 8th on Saturday, May 5, 2018, between 11:00am and 8:00pm. The truck will run the full menu plus Cinco specials until sell out.
- The Cambridge, Celebrate Cinco de Mayo and Kentucky Derby Day at The Cambridge on South Street! Cinco De Derby features all-day food and drink specials, plus the windows will be open and the back patio is getting into the swing of things for the spring. Specials will be available at the bar, patio, bar tables and dining room. Hours 10:00am to 2:00am.
- Uptown Beer Garden, Uptown Beer Garden will grand open for the season in time for Cinco de Mayo! Look for grand opening festivities on Thursday night for May 3rd. On Cinco itself, look for Uptown Beer Garden to be open for its first Cinco with the grill fired up and the margaritas pouring. The Cinco menu will include a selection of beer and drink specials, plus MexiCorn hot off the grill, and tacos in chicken, pulled pork and mushroom varieties.
- Mad Rex Restaurant and Virtual Reality Lounge, welcomes the spring weather in Fishtown with the doors in the lounge coming open and outdoor seating on the way! On Cinco, enjoy the Mad Margarita (Fresh fruit fruits, Guavca, papaya, orange, pomegranate, Don Julio, ghost pepper salt rim) for up to three people for $20.00. At the bar, also enjoy $6.00 margaritas (classic, blackberry and strawberry).
- 6) Nick’s Bar and Grille,, Nick’s Bar and Grille presents their annual Cinco de Mayo Party in Old City with two special margaritas (Horseshoe with Herradura Silver, Cointreau, Agave Syrup, Fresh Lime, and Tres Agaves with Tres Agaves Reposado, Fresh Lime, Triple Sec) shaking at the bar. Plus, look for Corona and Corona Light Bottle $4.00 each, $3.00 beef tacos, $3.00 chips and salsa, plus house-made empanadas for $8.00 for two. For Derby, watch the Kentucky Derby at the Bar with sound, plus sip on Kinsey Bourbon Slush with local Kinsey Bourbon, iced tea and fresh mint for ten all day.
- 7) Taproom on 19th, Once again Taproom on 19th celebrates Cinco de Mayo with food and drink specials, including the Tequila for mi amanita featuring tequila infused in-house with strawberries.
- John Henry's Pub, brings the Cinco de Mayo and Kentucky Derby celebrations to the Main Line! Complimentary sombrero’s, derby hats, and sunglasses will be handed out throughout the day, as they serve up fresh margarita’s, coronita rita’s and ice-cold Corona Lite draft beers.
- Joe’s Steaks + Soda Shop, Arguably Philadelphia's favorite cheesesteak joint, is putting a Philly twist on Cinco de Mayo! Cheesesteak and nacho lovers alike should head to either of the outposts — Fishtown or Torresdale — on Saturday, May 5th for Cheesesteak Nachos ($6.95) in celebration of the holiday.
- Head to The Twisted Tail on Saturday, May 5th from 2pm-8pm for their annual Kentucky Derby Outdoor Viewing Party. Watch the races outside on a giant 18-foot TV screen while sipping a Mint Julep ($6) in true Southern style. Every guest receives an entry into the Derby Draw for the winning horse. The raffle winner will receive a commemorative Woodford Reserve Kentucky Derby bottle. Additional prizes will be awarded to the Best Hat and Bow Tie.
- Cook and Shaker, Kensington’s go-to neighborhood gastropub, is celebrating the Kentucky Derby with $10 Romeo and Juleps all day on Saturday. The traditional Southern sipper will boast Old Grandad Bourbon, pineapple shrub and fresh mint. Pair the Romeo and Julep with one of Cook and Shaker’s mouthwatering dishes, like the Fried Chicken Sandwich or Cook and Shaker Tots for the perfect Derby de Mayo meal.
- Looking for a watch party in Center City? Square 1682, Rittenhouse’s Modern American Kitchen + Cocktails, will be airing Derby coverage all day Saturday. Put on your best hat or bowtie, pick your horse, settle in at the bar and enjoy Maker’s Mark Juleps ($10) and complimentary truffle popcorn all evening
- Red Owl Tavern, Independence Mall’s only full-service restaurant and bar, is celebrating the Kentucky Derby in true Southern style — with a Philly twist. Lead Bartender, Kyle Darrow, will be slinging Julep Jawns, boasting Knob Creek Rye, green chartreuse, simple syrup, mint, angostura, for only $5 all day Saturday. For those looking to enjoy a complete Southern brunch, pair the Julep Jawn with the Grilled Shrimp & Grits ($17) or Deviled Eggs ($12).
- Celebrate the Kentucky Derby in style at Ocean Prime, one of Philly’s most gorgeous dining rooms. Guests will sip on Mint Juleps boasting Old Forester, simple syrup, Disaronno, Angostura Bitters and mint, while enjoying complimentary truffle popcorn and a live broadcast of the races.
- Rex 1516, Philadelphia’s go-to for elevated Southern cuisine, will live broadcast the races starting at 5 pm on Saturday — the only sporting event the restaurant and bar airs all year. Guests will enjoy Mint Juleps ($9) from Lead Bartender, Lou DiNunzio, and $5 happy hour bites from Executive Chef Justin Swain, including Pimento Grilled Cheese, Shrimp Po’Boy, and Alabama Smoked Turkey Tails.
- All 16 P.J. Whelihan’s across PA & NJ are serving up $5 drink specials the entire day, including the Espolon Watermelon Margarita made with fresh watermelon puree, the Espolon El Diablo, a margarita-julep hybrid of blanco Espolon mixed with Chambord and topped with ginger beer, and classic Mint Juleps. For those looking to stick with beer, snag a Modelo Especial draft, Corona, or Corona Light bottle for $3.
- Landmark Americana with locations in PA & NJ are running can’t miss specials for the holiday. The City Line location is offering $3 margaritas, $4 Corona bottles, $4 Pacifico & Modelo drafts, $4 Cuervo Shots and keep the party going with a DJ from 1 p.m. until close with the Sixers game showing on all TVs with sound. The Landmark in West Chester is an official location in the Cinco de Mayo Bar Crawl happening from 12 pm – 8 pm. For those who buy tickets, specials include $3 beer, $4 mixed drinks, and $5 margaritas on ice.
- Redz Restaurant in South Jersey is serving up some food specials to fill you up while you watch the Sixers take on the Celtics. Redz is whipping up Nachos Grande topped with chili, cheese, black olives, sour cream, and guacamole. In addition, the restaurant is adding a variety of twists on their quesadilla of the day, and offering their Fish Tacos featuring two flour tortillas filled with grilled fish, homemade cilantro slaw, salsa and sour cream on the side. To complement your meal, grab a house margarita for $6.
- Fishtown Brewpub - When it comes Cinco de Mayo, Fishtown Brewpub knows how to celebrate. Taking a creative twist on a mojito, Fishtown Brewpub will be serving up “The Don” with Avion Silver, mint, blueberry, agave syrup, lime and club soda; as well as a jalapeno margarita using Avion Reposado tequila. Bonus: the brewpub will also offer straight tequila shots, a mini tequila sunrise, and a shot chased with their house-made pickle juice. In addition to the festive cocktail offerings, all of the brewpub’s beer names will be changed to Spanish for the day. I’ll have la Pimienta en el rizo, por favor!
- Art Bar - Sip in style at Sonesta Philadelphia’s Art Bar with $6 margaritas and $6 sangria, including Art Bar’s refreshing Strawberry Margarita, made with Suaza Gold Tequila, Triple Sec, Fresh Squeezed Lime, Simple Syrup & Muddled Strawberries.
- Valley Forge Casino Resort’s Valley Tavern and Revolution Chop House are featuring specials for Cinco De Mayo. Valley Tavern is offering Three Fish Tacos served with Chorizo Rice For $10 Revolution is offering Two Korean Beef Tacos for $8 available at the bar. Both are offering $5 Bulleit Black Eyed Susan, Bulleit Minto Julep and Don Julio Margaritas.
- Chez Ben - For a French twist on Cinco de Mayo, check out Chez Ben in Old City. The "Marguerite Sanguine" from Chez Ben is made with Espolon Blanco Tequila, Grand Marnier, fresh lime juice, fresh blood orange juice. Special to Cinco de Mayo, enjoy this margarita for $10 instead of $14.
- Café Ynez, - serving authentic Mexico City fare, is the spot to be for a festive Cinco de Mayo celebration. Bring your favorite bottle of tequila to mix with house-made margarita mixers and fresh juice carafes. On Saturday, guests can enjoy two dishes crafted by Executive Chef JC Piña for just $13: Classic Cochinita Pipí Tacos (pork shoulder marinated and cooked for 12 hours, served with pickled red onions, salsa verde and two soft corn tortillas) and Cóctel Campechano (diced shrimp and octopus with cilantro, jalapeño, avocado and served with tortilla chips).