Philadelphia, PA - Philly is well known for its lively music scene, and the city has seen its fair share of great musicians, as well as being the birthplace of many of the world's greatest bands and acts.
Every weekend the cities nightly music scene comes alive at small and mid-size venues throughout the city. Below are of few of the best places to listen to the cities' best local and indie musicians.
Live Music Venues in Philly
- MilkBoy Philadelphia - Garage door-fronted cafe with a regionally sourced menu and a second-story bar hosting nightly live music. 1100 Chestnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Johnny Brenda's - Small, bi-level indie rock venue, boasting craft beers as well as American eats. 1201 Frankford Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19125
- Warmdaddy's - Is known for live blues & R&B sets as well as soul food menu and a popular Sunday jazz brunch. Located in: Riverview Plaza at 1400 S Christopher Columbus Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19147
- Boot & Saddle - lively music with a locally-sourced menu, located in a fantastic space with reconditioned tin ceilings and walls, decorated with cowboy murals. 1131 S Broad St, Philadelphia, PA 19147
- The Twisted Tail - Off South Street spot providing cocktails, barbecue, and also Southern American fare, along with lively blues nights. 509 S 2nd St, Philadelphia, PA 19147
- Franky Bradley's - Old-fashioned American favorites and drinks, along with lively music. 1320 Chancellor St, Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Howl at the Moon Philadelphia - Energetic bar with a party feel, showcasing dueling piano concerts as well as bucket drinks. 258 S 15th St, Philadelphia, PA 19102
Publisher / Webmaster at Philly Bite Magazine.
Best Bars With Live Music in Philadelphia
Also, Read... Philly Bite Magazines Top Beer Articles
Citywide Specials in Philadelphia - In Philly, the “CityWide Special” is served at most dive bars, and consists of a shot of whiskey and a beer sold together at a discount price
Cocktail Bars In Philly - Philadelphia has its fair share of great Cocktail Bars and Taverns, from Stylish American Eateries to Restic Taverns.
Bars and Taverns in West Chester - West Chester University of Pennsylvania, a public university located in Chester County, Pennsylvania, 20 miles west of Philadelphia.