TRAVEL - It's time to come out of hibernation! The Meadowlands Liberty Convention and Visitors Bureau in North Jersey has something for everyone from families with small children, to couples doing date night, to large groups looking for a unique corporate retreat. Start planning your Meadowlands Live experience for Spring.
- The Bergen Historical Society offers events and exhibits about the area's history including its new March to the Vote exhibit leading up to the 100 year anniversary in 2020.
- Statue Cruises offers tickets to visit the Statue of Liberty National Monument and the Ellis Island National Immigration Museum.
- Aviation Hall of Fame and Museum of New Jersey at Teterboro Airport, founded in 1972, is dedicated to the preservation of the Garden State's distinguished, two-century aviation and space heritage.
- New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority and the Bergen County Audubon Society host free guided bird walks the first Sunday and Third Tuesday of each month. There are also free public parks throughout the region for hiking, bird watching, and some water activities.
- The Hackensack Riverkeeper is celebrating 20 years of clean water advocacy this season with special programming to complement its eco-cruises, kayaking and canoeing.
- Visitors to Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament in Lyndhurst will travel through the mists of time to a forgotten age and a tale of devotion, courage and love. Its electrifying show features heroic knights on spirited horses displaying astounding athletic feats and thrilling swordplay that have become hallmarks of this unique entertainment experience. Enjoy a "hands-on" feast as the dynamic performance unfolds before you.
- At RPM Raceway in Jersey City, everyone gets the high-RPM experience. Drive go-karts that introduce you to the craft of real racing. Cut corners on tracks designed off formula speedways.
- Field Station: Dinosaurs: Travel back 90 million years in time just nine minutes from Manhattan! The park is open rain or shine on Saturdays and Sundays only from 10am to 6pm:
May 26 through June 24; also open Memorial Day, May 28.
- Liberty Science Center features the Jennifer Chalsty Planetarium and LSC Giant Dome Theater, the largest and most technologically advanced planetarium in the Western Hemisphere. Only four others in the world. On the third Thursday of every month, after hours, guests 21 and over are invited to explore the building and enjoy drinks, food, music, dancing, laser shows, and more.
- MetLife Stadium's summer line up will include Luke Bryan on Sat., June 3rd.
- The Bergen Performing Arts Center in Englewood is hosting performers including Alice Cooper, Pat Benatar & Nil Giraldo, and Tom Jones as well as a Tribute to Tom Petty & David Bowie.
- Meadowlands Racing and Entertainment is open for racing and dining on weekends throughout the season. Be sure to check out the Camel & Ostrich Races in June.
- Banana's Comedy Club at the Holiday Inn in Hasbrouck Heights has a great line-up throughout the Spring season.