Philadelphia PA – Three hundred participants will compete in the Philadelphia Parks and Recreation (PPR) Citywide Tumbling Championships this Friday and Saturday. Participants are separated into groups based on age and skill level. PPR expects more than 600 spectators.
WHAT: Philadelphia Parks & Recreation Citywide Tumbling Championships
WHO: Fourteen teams, ages 6 to 18
WHEN: Friday, February 17, 7:15pm (Intermediate, Advanced and Open Championships)
Saturday, February 18, 2017, 2:00pm (Beginner Championships)
WHERE: Gustine Recreation Center, 4868 Ridge Avenue (Friday)
Mayfair Recreation Center, 2990 Saint Vincent Street (Saturday)
VISUALS: Participants from all over Philadelphia will compete in the PPR Citywide Tumbling Championships. Tumbling competitions, or floor gymnastics, differ from traditional gymnastics because the sport doesn’t use equipment like the balance beam or uneven bars, and the competitions are devoted to one event.
- Philadelphia’s Out-of-School (OST) Time Initiative
- Philadelphia Snow Emergency Declaration Lifted
- Philly's UberEATS Launches on the Main Line
- The William Penn Foundation Grants $1.8 Million to Philly's PHLpreK
- Office of Black Male Engagement Recognizes African American Males