Atlantic City - The Seaview, Escape the city with this historic and newly renovated 106-year-old resort just west of Atlantic City, sporting two renowned world-class golf courses, is putting additional capital behind enhancing and adding even more outdoor activities to its lush 670-acre facility.
Seaview Hotel, Expands Outdoor Activities Across Sprawling Grounds
Long known as a premier golf resort, sporting 36 holes of championship golf, Seaview, located on Reed's Bay, are some tennis and basketball courts. Additionally, Seaview is adding a horseshoe pit and shuffleboard court, for additional outdoor fun to its alfresco activity offerings such as corn hole on the expansive front lawn.
Recently, Seaview's outdoor pool reopened for summer fun, with social distancing guidelines and chairs spaced well more than 6-feet apart, as part of the resort's extensive safety precautions.
Adding to its copious outdoor space, Seaview made upgrades to its wisteria-clad pavilion, complete with a state-of-the-art outdoor kitchen and new lighting, creating the perfect space for airy functions, clambakes, and other activities.
Seaview has taken its dining al fresco and has set up an atmospheric seating area adjacent to its golf shop, complete with red geraniums, bright umbrellas, and unobstructed views of the greens and bay off in the distance.
Guests looking for more outdoor fun can find it on Seaview's additional nine-hole Turtle Course — often called 'the nine most challenging holes you'll ever find on any miniature golf course.' It's named the Turtle Course because of the many turtles that hatch each year on Seaview's The Bay Course.
"In light of everything that's going on in the world, people want to be outside," said Director of Sales and Marketing, Mike Tidwell. "We wanted to enhance activities on our sprawling grounds for additional outdoor fun this season and beyond."
Those heading to the greens might want to grab a Jersey Burger Dog available at the golf shop and on the course, to bring on the greens! The new handheld offering is a delicious beef patty, shaped to fit a hot dog bun (for easy one-hand eating) and paired with pork roll, cheese, and a pickle for extra flavor. This novelty bite is available for $9, or pair with a domestic beer for $12.
Seaview reopened in June following a thorough deep clean and a host of precautionary steps to ensure the safety of guests and employees. Seaview management is pleased to have team members back at work preparing to accept Seaview's first guests since March when the COVID-19 pandemic closed hotels and other businesses across the country.
The hotel is open on Friday and Saturday nights through June, reopening for daily service on July 1.
Some precautions that Seaview management has put in place include the following:
- All employees will receive COVID-19 safety sanitation protocol training, and employees will follow Personal Protective Equipment recommendations from the CDC.
- Public spaces and communal areas will be cleaned and disinfected multiple times per day, with an emphasis on hard non-porous surfaces.
- The four-story hotel will only use its first and second floors so guests not wishing to use the elevators can stay on the first floor or ascend only one flight of stairs.
- Check-in will be timed with physical distancing in Seaview's expansive lobby. Hand sanitizer will be available at cleansing stations throughout the property — including outside and in the elevators.
- Rooms will be pared down to essential items where surfaces are freshly cleaned and void of anything touched by anyone prior.
- Seaview's indoor pool and fitness center will remain closed for the time being.
- Seaview's generously sized and airy outdoor pool area will be open, with chairs spaced and reconfigured.
- Food-service will be limited, for now, to contactless grab-and-go items.
To book for an upcoming stay, guests should go to https://www.seaviewdolcehotel.com
Jersey Shore Seafood Shacks - Nothing is better than visiting a rundown seafood shack on a hot summer day, and what seafood joints lack in glamour they make up for in food.
Steakhouses in South Jersey - From trendy traditional to high-end steakhouses, Jersey has its share of steakhouses and restaurants to enjoy steak.
South Jersey Burgers - South Jersey has its share of great burger shops, from the retro "Pop Shop" to busy counter service and old fashion burger joints.