So you start up your grill and you can't get it up to temperature anymore when it use to reach 500°F to 550°F, but now it only stays around 250°F? What to do, relax you may just have inadvertently caused your grill to go into what’s known as “bypass mode” by activating the gas control safety device on the regulator.
The problem is very easy to fix, just follow the instructions below to reset the regulator:
1. Turn off the gas at the propane tank
2. Disconnect the hose from the propane tank
3. Open the lid of your BBQ Grill
4. Turn all the burner valves to high
5. Wait for 2 minutes (just time enough for a soda)
6. Turn off all the burner valves
7. Connect the gas line back up to the propane tank
8. Turn the gas on slowly on the propane tank
9. Light the grill using your normal lighting procedures
If the regulator was stuck, it should have been reset using these steps.