Cooking low fat meats on the grill can be a real pain, Lean meats such as salmon have a very low fat content and tend to stick to your grill grates. High fat meats such as steak and hamburger are loaded with fat don't tend to stick to the grill like low fat meats. One way to make your grill non-stick is to spray it with a non-stick spray or oil the grill before hand. But did you know that you can also use a potato?
So, you forgot to buy some non-stick spray at the store, not a problem. If you want to prevent food from sticking to your grill, you just need a potato and a fork. Here's how it's done:
How to make your grill non-stick using a potato.
- Fire up the grill to your desired temperature.
- Cut your potato in half.
- Put the potato on a fork or skewer, leaving the inside of the potato exposed.
- Now just rub the exposed center of the potato on the grill grates. making sure to hit the entire cooking surface.
- Done, it just that easy!
If you don't have a potato on hand, you can also use a onion or lemon. Keep in mind that using an onion or lemon will help to flavor the meat, in some cases this is good, but it could also add unwanted flavor to the meal.
- BBQ 101: Grilling Blue Crabs
- BBQ 101: Barbecue Chicken Tips and Trick
- BBQ 101: How to Grill Mussels
- BBQ 101: Grilling The Perfect Char Dogs
- BBQ 101: The Perfect Grilled Steak