Philadelphia, PA - On Wednesday, February 1, La Peg at FringeArts will debut Pegsicle, a hand-carved Ice Bar from Chef-Owner Peter Woolsey.
Pegsicle will offer an assortment of drinks, including hot cocktails such as mulled wine and spiked hot cocoa, as well as shots from a custom-carved ice shot luge and a full bar. Located outside of La Peg beneath the twinkling lights of their popular Haas Biergarten, with three cozy fire pits and views of the Ben Franklin Bridge, it’s sure to be Philadelphia’s most exciting spot for a drink this winter.
Woolsey, a celebrated chef and amateur ice carver, designed Pegsicle himself and will carve it from scratch out of 16 massive blocks of ice using chainsaws and a set of Japanese ice chisels. He will also hand-carve the playful shot luge. A back-lit, glowing visual spectacle, Pegsicle is an inviting backdrop for a drink, and their tempting hot cocktail offerings are a perfect antidote to the cold February weather.
Pegsicle will be a strictly limited engagement, and will host revelers for 13 nights or as long as the ice lasts, concluding its run on Monday, February 13, just in time for Valentine’s Day. It will be open during La Peg’s fun Big Game Hot Chicken Pop-Up on Sunday, February 5, making it a perfect place to take a break during commercials or at halftime while the restaurant shows the game inside on their large screen in the adjoining FringeArts theater.
Drink specials at Pegsicle will include:
- Hot Drinks ($7), such as
- Mulled Red Wine
- Spiked Hot Chocolate with a choice of Kahlua, peppermint schnapps, or tequila, with or without whipped cream
- Cocktails ($7), such as
- Rum Daiquiri with white rum, fresh lime and sugar
- Moscow Mule with vodka, ginger beer, lime and bitters
- Celery Tonic with gin, celery juice, tonic and lemon
- Canned Beers and Cider ($5), such as
- Sly Fox 113 IPA
- Stillwater Classique Saison
- Oskar Blues Old Chub Scotch Ale
- Blackbird Cider Works Apple Cider
- Wine ($7) House White or House Red
- Shots ($4) from the hand-carved Ice Shot Luge, such as
- Kamikaze with vodka, triple sec and lime
- Surfer on Acid with Malibu coconut rum, Jägermeister and pineapple
- Straight liquor, including gin, vodka, rum, tequila or bourbon
For additional drinks, guests are encouraged to order inside at La Peg’s full bar, then enjoy their drinks outside at Pegsicle.