Who told you that a doughnut is just for breakfast? And, who says a doughnut has to be fried? How about Grill ’em. Grilled doughnut are also a great for idea for using up those day old-doughnuts that are getting a tad bit stale. Grilling your doughnuts is a fun activity and easy to make, just follow the recipe below.
6 glazed or sugar doughnuts
1 gallon or vanilla ice cream or your favorite flavor
- Turn you grill to high.
- Cut your doughnuts in half horizontally and grill them, with cut-side down for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until toasted. Flip the doughnuts and grill the reverse side.
- Put your doughnut grilled-side up on a plate, top it with a scoop your favorite ice cream.
- The can be served open-faced this way and eaten with a fork or you can can make a grilled doughnuts ice cream sandwich, by placing the other half of the doughnut on top.
- Recipe 101: St Petersburg Doughnuts
- BBQ 101: Grilled Peaches with Blueberry Sauce
- BBQ 101: Bacon Wrapped Scallops
- Desert 101: S’mores Cake's in a Jar
- BBQ 101: Grilled Watermelon Dessert