Cheesy Sausage & Vegetable Soup
● 2 tablespoons butter
● 2 lbs. zucchini, diced
● 2 12-ounce cans of chicken or beef broth
● 20 sausage links, browned and cut into bite-sized pieces
● 4 to 5 large carrots, sliced
● 2 large yellow onions, chopped
● 2 to 3 cloves garlic, chopped
● 3 tablespoons flour
● 1 to 2 cups Borden® Finely Shredded Mild Cheddar Shreds
● 12 ounces evaporated milk
● Melt butter in a large pot. Sauté onions and garlic until onions are translucent. Add flour and stir until you have a roux.* Stir in sliced zucchini, carrots and both cans of broth. Bring to a boil.
● 1 head of chopped cabbage; or, add 2 bunches of Swiss chard, torn spinach into the broth.
● Evaporated milk and sausage links. Let boil for 10 more minutes.
Top with Borden® Finely Shredded Mild Cheddar Shreds.