Recipe & Cooking Corner - Tomatillo Michelada - Created by Mixologist Jose Medina Camacho of The Marble Ring (U.S.). Put your game face on, its tailgating season! Don’t let complicated food foil your game day plans. The recipe for tailgating success lies in food that is fun and packed full of flavor.
Ingredients: Tomatillo Michelada by Mixologist Jose Medina
For Tomatillo Michelada Mix
- Two pounds tomatillos, husked
- One large poblano pepper
- One celery stalk
- Avocado oil, to taste
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Ground pepper, to taste
- Two limes, juiced
- One teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- One teaspoon Maggi Sauce
- One tablespoon TABASCO Sauce
Tajin seasoning, for garnish
- Ten 6-8oz cans American pale wheat ale or Mexican beer
- Ten Mexican tamarind candy sticks, for garnish
- For Tomatillo Michelada Mix
Preheat oven to 350°F. Half the tomatillos and poblano, and quarter the celery. Arrange tomatillos, poblano, and celery stalk on a sheet pan and drizzle with avocado oil. Season with salt and pepper and roast for 45 minutes.
- Blend all ingredients in a blender and finely strain into a container. Chill strained liquid in the refrigerator until cold.
- Once cool, add lime juice, Worcestershire Sauce, Maggi Sauce, and TABASCO Sauce, and mix well.
Wet the rim of a 12oz glass with a lime wedge and dip in Tajin. Fill glass with ice and add 3oz. of Tomatillo Michelada Mix. Top with beer and garnish with a Mexican tamarind candy stick.
Makes 10 Servings