Philadelphia, PA - Bring the diner to your kitchen for National Meatloaf Day on Friday, October 18. Metro Diner is celebrating the food day by sharing their famous at home recipe that’s sure to have everyone in the family asking for seconds!
Celebrate National Meatloaf Day with this Famous Recipe
Food Network’s Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives famed celebrity chef host Guy Fieri once proclaimed “diners across the world should have to take a lesson on this one,” after sampling Metro Diner’s tender, delicious meatloaf recipe.
This meat lovers loaf fuses ground beef, turkey and pork, and can easily be made with love at home for the whole family - a kid-approved dish! Serve it up the traditional way with mashed potatoes, savory gravy, and steamed vegetables for the perfect hot dinner on a chilly fall night.
Metro Diner’s Famous Meatloaf
- ½ onion - Chopped Onion
- One carrot - Chopped Carrot
- Two ribs celery - Chopped Celery
- Six medium mushrooms - Sliced Mushrooms
- One each - Egg
- 1 TBS - Worcestershire
- Pinch - Salt
- Pinch - Pepper
- 1 cup - Breadcrumbs
- 1 pound - Ground Beef
- ½ pound - Ground Turkey
- ½ pound - Ground Pork
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Pulse onion, carrot, celery, and mushroom in a food processor.
- Combine all remaining ingredients and place them in a meatloaf pan (or two depending on size).
- Bake for one hour or until thoroughly cooked.
- Remove from pan and slice into 1 inch thick pieces.
- In a boiling sauté pan, add a bit of oil and sear each side of the meatloaf slices before serving.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and gravy, vegetables, and some hot crusty bread.
Food and Event Writer
My joy is aimed at food and foodie lovers. I enjoy covering trends, issues, and all things Philly