ATLANTIC CITY, NJ (May 17, 2016) — As summer 2016 begins, new investments in entertainment, dining and attractions are brightening the outlook for Atlantic City and giving visitors numerous reasons to come “DO AC.”
In addition to the free beaches, World-famous Boardwalk and gaming here are some of the biggest developments for summer 2017 that shouldn’t be missed:
Events and Specials:
Halloween only comes once a year...or does it? Tropicana Atlantic City is celebrating Halfway to Halloween on Saturday, April 29 2017, a property-wide nightlife party full of sexy tricks and mysterious treats with over six chilling costume contests, hauntingly delicious drink specials and over $3,000 in combined cash and prizes. So, dig out your best costumes and come celebrate Halfway to Halloween as Tropicana turns your average Saturday night into the most wickedly thrilling night of the year! Click here to check out Halfway to Halloween Hot Spots at Tropicana!
Love the Nightlife – Three new nightclubs add to the vibrant roster of nightlife options in Atlantic City.
- Ivan Kane’s Kiss Kiss a Go-Go, the new nightclub at Tropicana Atlantic City opens June 16 and promises “a trip down the rabbit hole into the neon-fueled nights of Bangkok.”
- Premier Nightclub, the $14 million, 18,000 square foot nightlife experience where clubbing is theater opened at Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa on April 8.
- WAV, a new 20,000-square-foot nightclub, opened April 1 at The Playground on the Boardwalk and features an outdoor terrace that overlooks the Atlantic Ocean.
Eat, Drink and Be Merry – New and renovated restaurants are popping up along the Boardwalk, in the Marina and all over town, along with food events and festivals.
- Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa will soon unveil The Marketplace Eatery, a casual dining experience, and will welcome Iron Chef Michael Symon’s signature restaurant in the fall.
- Tropicana Atlantic City recently announced that Iron Chef Jose Garces will develop several seafood focused concepts before the end of the year. Also at Tropicana, Cuba Libre in The Quarter is adding a Latin Grill and chef’s counter.
- Bally’s Boardwalk Saloon is a new indoor/outdoor bar and restaurant with an urban country theme. In addition, Guy's Bar-B-Que Joint from Guy Fieri features barbecue selections and three of Guy's famous sauces from the National BBQ Hall of Fame. And Snack Shack will offer grab-and-go options like burgers, tacos and chicken.
- The 120-year old Atlantic City institution, Dock’s Oyster House is undergoing major renovations and will reopen in May 2016 with expanded seating, raw bar, piano bar and modern kitchen.
- Golden Nugget Atlantic City will host the first ever Burger Bash on May 21 where guests can sample the Top 10 Burgers in Atlantic City as chosen by Atlantic City Weekly and vote on which they think is the Ultimate Burger Bash Champion.
- Sample a range of cuisines and vote for your favorite at the inaugural Food Truck Festival June 18-19 at Brighton Park near The Claridge Hotel.
Entertainment Capital of the Jersey Shore – Hundreds of celebrity headlined shows are a staple of Atlantic City’s entertainment scene year-round. This summer, new light shows, fireworks shows and pools add to the daytime and nighttime attractions.
· Borgata’s new outdoor pool and entertainment grounds will include relaxing and entertaining elements with a bar, lawn games, stage for live performance and cabanas.
· Tropicana has teamed up with Moment Factory to debut five new fantasy-themed Multimedia Sound & Light Shows on Memorial Day Weekend that are free to the public all year round. They will also offer a free fireworks show Friday, May 27 at 10 p.m. and every Saturday night at 10 p.m. June 4 – September 10.
· Fourth of July fireworks return with two viewing locations along the Boardwalk and one in the Marina at 9:30 p.m. on Monday, July 4.
· Trump Taj Mahal offers a unique summer line-up with headliners Nik Wallenda’s Zirkus, Boston 40th Anniversary Tour and Rod Stewart.
· $750,000 in renovations at Boardwalk Hall have transformed the Adrian Phillips Theater into the newest concert venue in AC.
· Absecon Lighthouse has added live camera views and a “selfie cam” to enhance visitors’ experience.
Shop Till You Drop – Shopping options abound in AC with Boardwalk shops, Tropicana’s The Quarter and new stores in Tanger Outlets The Walk and at The Playground.
- Tanger Outlets The Walk recently added Lids and Polo Ralph Lauren Children’s. Coming this summer, Cameo Water Wear will offer bathing suits and cover-ups. Plus, The Walk has extended hours all summer long and holiday sales on Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day weekends.
- Tilghman Gallery at The Playground offers art with a purpose; 100 percent of the proceeds from the sales of the art are directed toward clean energy research and development in AC. The Playground also has plans to offer 10-15 pop-up shops.
Sleep in New Digs – Atlantic City’s casino hotels are investing millions of dollars in renovating and upgrading their hotel rooms including:
- Caesars Atlantic City’s Temple Tower
- Harrah’s Atlantic City’s Bayview Tower
- Resorts Casino Hotel’s Ocean Tower
- Tropicana Atlantic City’s Havana Tower
About Atlantic City
From sandals to stilettos and foie gras to funnel cakes, Atlantic City offers something for everyone. Enjoy world-class entertainment, dining, shopping, gaming, relaxing on the beach and strolling the historic Boardwalk in the city created to escape the city. For more information, visit www.doatlanticcity.com.