Philadelphia, PA - Dr. Tom Farley announced New restrictions for The City of Philadelphia, called "Safer at Home" COVID-19 Restrictions. The "Safer at Home" restrictions will begin on Friday, November 20, and will remain in place through January 1, 2021.
Philadelphia Business and Event Capacity Limits
Additional changes to capacity limits and other precautions will be instituted for businesses and activities that are able to continue:
- Restaurants offering outdoor dining must reduce table sizes to four people. Guidance will make it clear that groups dining outdoors should be household members only because mixing different households promotes community-wide spread.
- Retail stores and indoor malls may continue to operate, but with a maximum density of 5 people per 1,000 square feet. The City will require these stores to enforce mask use and distancing of customers and staff.
- Offices are permitted to have only employees that cannot work remotely.
- Barbershops, beauty salons, and similar personal services may continue to operate, but all staff and customers must wear masks at all times. These businesses cannot work on the face or otherwise perform services that require that masks be removed.
- College sports may continue if their plan is specifically approved by the Department of Public Health and no spectators are present.
- Zoos may operate only in their outdoor areas.
- Parks, trails, playgrounds, and athletic fields will remain open for individual use only. (No group sports.)