Philadelphia, PA - Reeds’ Refuge Center (RRC), a community-focused, non-profit youth organization in Wilmington, Delaware, is launching a crowdfunding campaign to raise funds for their educational program STREAM. STREAM is an acronym for science, technology, reading, engineering, art and mathematics. Sustainable, ongoing funding is vital to ensuring youth benefitted by RRC have the programs and tools they need to thrive.
Reeds’ Refuge Center serves as a safe haven for youth from violence, drugs, guns, and idle minds by helping youth discover their creative potential. RRC provides youth with an outlet to express themselves and seek inspiration in the arts. Reeds’ Refuge Center has found one of their most useful tools in helping the youth is through music. For the kids, it is their escape from the harsh realities of life, as well as a creative outlet.
The Reeds’ Refuge Center crowdfunding campaign has a goal of $10,000 that will go directly toward STREAM and music programs at RRC. The campaign will run for 60 days beginning Friday, July, 20, 2018, and ending in September.
For the following amounts donated, RRC will offer a one time gift in return as follows:
- $25 - Reeds’ Refuge Center Music Program/Safe City Project Album poster signed by students and album producers, and a Safe City Project Album sticker
- $35 - Reeds’ Refuge Center t-shirt the students will make for you!
- $40 - Digital download code of the Safe City Project Album and Reeds’ Refuge Center t-shirt
- $50 - Digital download code: Safe City Project, t-shirt, signed poster
- $120 - Four tickets to the Youth Against Violence Summer Jam Concert
- $250 - Two hour private recording session at Reeds’ Refuge Center
- $500 - Private concert/performance of the Safe City Project by students at Reeds’ Refuge Center
- $1000 - VIP access for Youth Against Violence Summer Jam Concert
- $1200 - Business Gold Sponsorship - advertising on the Reeds’ Refuge Center website for six months, two t-shirts, and a digital download code of the Safe City Project
“Something the public may not be aware of is we are a free program for the children of Delaware,” says Fred Reed, co-founder of Reeds’ Refuge Center, “Parents drop their children off at Reeds’ Refuge Center before and after school. This crowdfunding campaign will go directly toward helping the children in the Wilmington area.”
RRC is planning a Youth Against Violence Summer Jam at the end of August to promote awareness of the organization and the crowdfunding campaign. This will be an opportunity for the students to perform their debut album created at Reeds’ Refuge Center, titled Safe City Project, with songs like “Believe” and “What’s Up With Us.” Reeds’ Refuge Center has a full recording studio providing a way for students to participate in every step of the musical process, from writing, to producing, and performing. This musical equipment is expensive. and funds will go toward the continual upkeep and management of the studio. Funds will also support operational costs so RRC can continue to offer the STREAM program for its students.
Cick Here to Support Reeds’ Refuge Center