Philadelphia, PA - The countdown to 2019 is on and the following establishments and bars are ringing in the new year in style. From decadent prix-fixe dinners to a cover-free two-floor celebration — we actually have you covered.
- The Twisted Tail, Headhouse Square’s Southern-inspired restaurant, bar and live music venue, is bringing back its über-popular burlesque NYE party with live music from Mikey Junior Band starting at 9 pm and burlesque performances continuing throughout the evening until 1 am. Guests have the option of choosing a show-only $25 ticket or a $125 VIP ticket, including admission to the party, a Champagne toast at midnight, table service, food and beverages, and reserved seating for the entire party. For those looking for a sit-down dinner + a show, guests can choose the $75 dinner menu, including admittance to the show and deluxe NYE menu by making a reservation on OpenTable or at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/swing-into-the-new-year-nye-party-tickets-53194221348?aff=tttwebsite
- Townsend, one of Philly’s highly-acclaimed romantic French restaurants from Chef Townsend Wentz, will host two unique dining experiences on NYE with seatings at 6 pm and 9 pm. The first seating will be a six-course tasting menu ($95/person) with a $65 optional wine pairing, while the second seating will be a 7-8 course tasting menu ($125/person) with complimentary Champagne and an $85 optional wine pairing. Both menus reflect traditional French New Years fare, including Goufes Seches, a classic French waffle, raw oysters, seared foie, La Galette des Rois, among others. Guests can also expect to see decadent dishes such as Oxtail Risotto, Roasted Duck Breast and Dover Sole Tuxedo. 1623 E Passyunk Ave. | www.townsendrestaurant.com | 267.639.3203
- Royal Boucherie, Old City’s American-inspired brasserie and raw bar from Nicholas Elmi and Suzanne O’Brien, will be serving up dinner from 5 pm -12 am on NYE, including one-night-only à la carte features from top chef Nicholas Elmi. Guests looking for a cozy evening at one of Philly’s most romantic restaurants will enjoy small plates, such as Parmesan Risotto ($18) and Lobster Bisque ($18) in addition to larger dishes such as Steak for 2 ($95), served with duck fat potatoes, roasted baby carrots, bordelaise, and brown butter hollandaise and Gallete de Crabe ($38), served with caramelized endive, haricot vert, and mustard sauce. Royal Boucherie’s regular dinner menu will also be available. All guests will receive a complimentary Champagne toast at midnight.
- Beverage Manager, Zeq Rudy, has crafted a feature cocktail menu with festive tipples in celebration of the new year, including Hendricks East Side ($14), Calvados Sidecar ($14), and Silver Sparkler ($14). Moreover, for those looking to indulge, Zeq’s deluxe cocktails are the perfect NYE treat: Versailles ($30), boasting Bookers, St. Germain, lemon, honey, Malvira Sparkling; Old Fashioned ($30), with Angel’s Envy Rye, dem sugar and bitters; Hemingway Daiquiri ($20), boasting Rhum JM VSOP, luxardo maraschino, grapefruit, lime, among the mix. 52 S 2nd St. | www.royalboucherie.com | 267.606.6313
- Rex 1516 Executive Chef Justin Swain is bringing back his one-of-a-kind delicacy for NYE – Fried Chicken & Caviar ($50), boasting buttermilk fried half chicken, paddlefish & orange tobiko caviars, Alabama bbq sauce, chive biscuits, cucumbers. Guests can enjoy this particular dish on December 31 with a selection of three sparkling wine-based cocktails from Beverage Manager, Lou DiNunzio, including The Violet Hour ($10), served with gin, lemon, violet liqueur, sparkling wine; Bonded Bubbler ($10) with bonded apple brandy, lemon, Benedictine liqueur, sparkling wine; and Any Witch Way ($10), served with bourbon, lemon, Liquor Strega, sparkling wine. 1516 South St. | www.rex1516.com | 267.319.1366
- Urban Farmer, Philly's modern American “chic” steakhouse, is celebrating the new year with a deluxe à la carte menu available from 5-10 pm on New Year’s Eve and 5-9 pm on New Year’s Day. In addition to the regular dinner menu, Urban Farmer will offer festive dishes from Executive Chef Seth Pettit, including Harissa-charred Octopus ($21), Mushroom & Herb-crusted Brandt Prime Rib ($56), Butter Poached Lobster & Potato Gnocchi ($44) and Russian Osetra Caviar ($110), boasting ebelskivers and traditional accoutrements, among the mix. Urban Farmer will also offer brunch on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from 6:30 am – 3 pm. 1850 Benjamin Franklin Parkway | www.urbanfarmerphiladelphia.com | 215.963.2788
- A Mano, Chef Townsend Wentz's three-bell Italian BYO, is offering an exclusive four-course chef’s menu from Executive Chef Michael Millon, including highlights such as Roasted Whole Prawns, Mushroom Agnolotti with foie gras and marjoram, Whey Braised Lamb Neck with Swiss chard and Black Truffle Sugo and a Coffee Semifreddo. The menu is available on New Year’s Eve for $75/person. Seating is available throughout the evening. Credit card deposit required. Call 215.236.1114 for reservations. 2244 Fairmount Ave | www.amanophilly.com | 215.236.1114
- Red Owl Tavern, the bustling restaurant, and bar across the street from Independence Mall in Old City, is offering a prix-fixe dinner including a shared appetizer, two entrées, a shared dessert and a bottle of wine for two for $150. For the first course, guests can choose between Calamari, Corn and Crab Fritters, Hummus and Wings. The main course will boast entrées such as Braised Short Rib, Cauliflower Au Poivre, Seared Salmon, among the mix. For dessert, guests can choose between the Red Owl Chocolate Custard, Almond Rum Cake, Pepita Pot de Creme, among others. Guests can opt out of the prix-fixe and enjoy à la carte options if they choose. 433 Chestnut St. | www.redowltavern.com | 215.923.2267
- Oloroso, Townsend Wentz’s three-bell Spanish tapas restaurant and bar, invites guests to a 4-course prix-fixe dinner on New Year’s Eve. For $65, guests will enjoy Oloroso Antipasto for the first course; their choice of Spanish Tuna Crudo, Oyster on the Half Shell, Wild Mushroom Croqueta, or Head-on Shrimp a la Plancha for the second course; Serrano Wrapped Monkfish, Crab Rice, or Wagyu Culotte for the third course; and either Churros or Basque Cheesecake for dessert. Guests can choose to add-on an optional wine and sherry pairing for $50 or a sherry flight for $35. 1121 Walnut St. | www.olorosophilly.com | 267.324.3014
- J. Alexander’s, the contemporary American restaurant adjacent to King of Prussia Mall, invites guests to ring in the new year with two deluxe NYE features including a Slow Roasted Prime Rib ($20) with creamed mashed potatoes and heirloom cauliflower and 14 oz. Oscar Ribeye ($28) served with J.Alexander’s Not Your Ordinary Macaroni and Cheese. Guests can pair a classic Champagne cocktail ($10) with their meal for the ultimate NYE experience. J.Alexander’s will also offer its full dinner menu in addition to the two features. 256 Mall Blvd. | www.jalexanders.com | 484.322.2000
- Jet Wine Bar, Philly’s “global vineyard,” is ringing in 2019 in style with a New Year’s Eve Party boasting an open bar from 10:30 pm -- 12:30 am including specialty wines, beer, cocktails, appetizers, artisan cheese plates and a complimentary Champagne toast at midnight. Tickets are $65 and purchased here. 1525 South St. | www.jetwinebar.com | 215.735.1116
Ocean Prime, one of Center City’s most stunning seafood and steakhouses, will offer a deluxe 18 oz. Prime Cowgirl Ribeye ($80) for one night only. Guests can pair the featured steak with a Raspberry Resolution ($17), boasting Ketel One, X-Rated Fusion Liqueur, sour mix, raspberry simple. Ocean Prime’s extensive menu chock-full of prime seafood and steak offerings will also be available all evening on New Year’s Eve. 124 South 15th St. | https://www.ocean-prime.com/locations-menus/philadelphia
MilkBoy at 11th and Chestnut Sts. Is ringing in the new year with a cover-free NYE Bash, featuring two DJs, complimentary Champagne toast at midnight, and drink specials. Entry is FREE all night. Both floors will be open so get those dancing shoes ready. 1100 Chestnut St. | www.milkboyphilly.com | 215.925.6455