Seafood Cooking 101: Clams A La Du Chef: this recipe will tease your taste buds and make you scream for more, this is a great appetizer as well as a wonderful dinner, in this recipe you must use your judgment and use as much of a particular ingredient that you like or as little of each that you don’t like but you will find that by adding all the ingredients gives a nice balance to this dish.
Am I making you hungry? Well I hope so, now do stay with me because I can show people how to do things better than I can tell you. Ok were off.
- Open 12 raw clams to be on the half shell and do take the time to check for pieces of shell in the clam, loosen the calm from the bottom part of the shell.
- Herb Butter for clams:
- Mince some watercress, parsley, shallots, anchovies, almonds, just a bit of garlic
- Add some Pernod wine, Anisette, and a few drops of tobasco sauce
- Mix the above ingredients together.
- Place some of the herb butter mixture on each of the clams then place a ¼ slice of imported swiss cheese on the top of each clam, if you like more cheese then just add it, place the clams under the broiler until the cheese is bubblie and brown. Now it’s up to you to enjoy it.
Remember you can us as much or as little of the ingredients that you like because your making this to your taste, but personally I like the wines. “enjoy”