Philadelphia, PA - A tourist trap is known for attracting tourists in addition to their money and Philadelphia has a few, to say the least. From historic ships and taverns to famous cheesesteak joints Philadelphia is known for its food and a fair share of tourist traps. however, a few listed below are actually local favorites as well!
Best Tourist Traps in Philadelphia
- Franklin Fountain - Fun family spot, serving up classic ice cream parlor as well as soda fountain treats in an old-time parlor setting. 116 Market St, Philadelphia, PA 19106
- City Tavern - A colonial tavern in were servers in period attire serve up Old American fare. Located inside: Independence National Historical Park at 138 S 2nd St, Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Italian Market 9th Street - Open all year, this particular historic marketplace encompasses ten city blocks and boasts food merchants and a small visitor center. 919 S 9th St, Philadelphia, PA 19147
- The Moshulu - Come aboard this glorious ship and floating eatery serving up trendy seafood and steak dishes as well as brunch. 401 S Christopher Columbus Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Lorenzo & Sons Pizza - A large mural of their namesake hangs over this late-night spot recognized for giant cheese slices as well as unique pizzas. 305 South St, Philadelphia, PA 19147
- The Victor Café - traditional Italian eatery along with a side of opera in a place recognized for its hearty menu along with lively performances. 1303 Dickinson St, Philadelphia, PA 19147
- Ralph's Italian Restaurant - traditional Italian dinners served in an old-world setting since 1900. 760 S 9th St, Philadelphia, PA 19147
- The Bourse - This historical structure is home to keepsake and novelty shops, as well as a food court along with office space. 111 S Independence Mall E, Philadelphia, PA 19106
Tourist Traps on Most Out of Towners List
- Chickie's & Pete's – This Local sports-bar chain is featuring a crab-heavy menu as well as signature Crabfries, plus lots of TVs. 1526 Packer Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19145
- Hard Rock Cafe - Rock' n' roll-themed chain with a high-energy vibe serving burgers & American classics. 113 Market St, Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Pat's King of Steaks - The self-proclaimed "inventor of cheesesteak" offers classic versions of Philly's favorite sandwich. 1237 E Passyunk Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19147
- Geno's Steaks - Diehards line up 24/7 for cheesesteaks served up at this no-frills steak shop. 1219 S 9th St, Philadelphia, PA 19147
Food and Event Writer
My joy is aimed at food and foodie lovers. I enjoy covering trends, issues, and all things Philly
The 10 Best Steakhouses in Philadelphia - The best steakhouse, steak house, or chophouse is a restaurant that specializes in great steaks and chops and in Philadelphia, finding a great steakhouse is not as hard as you might think.
Citywide Specials in Philadelphia - In Philly, the “CityWide Special” is served at most dive bars, and consists of a shot of whiskey and a beer sold together at a discount price.
Cocktail Bars In Philly - Philadelphia has its fair share of great Cocktail Bars and Taverns, from Stylish American Eateries to Restic Taverns.
Bars and Taverns in West Chester - West Chester University of Pennsylvania, a public university located in Chester County, Pennsylvania, 20 miles west of Philadelphia.