Philadelphia, PA - As one of the Hosts of “Dining on a Dime,” We love finding delicious food at great prices. The topic is discussed a lot on the show, available on Itunes and Google Play and Tuesday thru Friday at 11AM on Indie Philly Radio.
Where to Eat Out on a Low Budget
For instance, there are so many great places in Philadelphia to get delicious, homemade meatball sandwiches for just 5.00 and tons of corner delis that offer huge hoagies for less than 5.00, here are a few of my favorite "best bang for your buck" places.
- Chris' Jazz Cafe' at 1421 Samson St., has a daily 8.00 lunch special that rotates and sometimes includes Duck Confit, and it's also an upscale ambiance.
- Locust Bar at 235 S 10th St., Most of their menu is under 8 dollars, they have a 10 oz burger for only around 5 dollars.
- Dattillos Italian Deli at 8000 Horrocks St., delicious homemade meatball sandwich and other huge sandwiches for just 5 dollars.
- Denofa's Deli at 6946 Torresdale Ave, has 5.00 meal deals that switch up daily, and their sausage is made in house.
- Sulimays at 632 E Girard Ave., gives you a huge, delicious breakfast sandwich with a coffee for just 5 dollars.
One of our favorite 5.00 hoagies come from corner delis all throughout the city, many of which are in my neighborhood of Port Richmond, most notably at the corner of Clearfield and Thompson st for a 4.75 hoagie.
However, our favorite 3.99 cheesesteak is at the corner of Ann and Almond St., also in Port Richmond, these sandwiches are big.
Listen to Kevin Wilsons Radio Show "Dining on a Dime" at IndiePhilly Radio each weekday at 11 Am for more of Kevin's reviews and restaurant suggestions. So, join us Each Monday thru Friday from 11am to 12pm on https://www.indiephilly.com and click the listen to live button. Keep in mind that we are a family friendly show and use our entire hour finding you the best restaurant deals, so feel free to play us at work, we are so excited for you to join us!!