Philadelphia, PA - Recognized for its cooling qualities. The cucumber is often the goto for every summertime cocktail, giving freshness to countless spirits such as gin, tequila, and vodka.
Stay cool like a cucumber this season and overcome the high temps with some style at some of Philly's top cocktail bars and dining establishments.
Stay Hydrated This Summer With Philly's Refreshing Cucumber Cocktails
- Assembly Rooftop Lounge, one of Philadelphia’s most spectacular rooftop bars, serves a refreshing Spring Garden cocktail for $16 this summer. Made with Stateside Vodka, yellow chanteuse, green bell pepper, and cucumber oleosaccharum, thyme, peach bitters, and lemon juice, this delicious cocktail creation is sure to satisfy any guest while they enjoy views of the Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Philadelphia Museum of Art and Center City. 1840 Benjamin Franklin Parkway | 215-963-2723 | https://assemblyrooftop.com
- Ocean Prime, Center City’s most gorgeous seafood restaurant and steakhouse, provides a refreshing respite from the summer sun this season with delicious seafood towers, Chilled Crab Cocktail, and a fresh Cucumber Gimlet ($14), boasting Bombay Sapphire Gin, lime juice, simple syrup, and cucumber. 124 South 15th St. | 215.563.0163 | https://ocean-prime.com/locations-menus/philadelphia/menu
- Art in the Age, Philadelphia’s one-of-a-kind tasting room, home bar supply, bottle shop, and interactive classroom celebrates summer with a brand new seasonal cocktail menu, including a $12 Skinny Dipper — made with Powderhorn Rye Vodka, Lo-Fi Dry Vermouth, cucumber seal salt brine, and Addition Black Pepper Bitters. Cocktail lovers can not only enjoy the cocktail at the tasting room but also leave with all of the components to go home and replicate that exact libation for friends and family. 116 North 3rd Street | 215-922-2600 | www.artintheage.com
- The Bar by Bluebird Distilling, the craft-cocktail bar inside Old City’s artisanal food hall “The Bourse,” invites guests to take a break and cool down from exploring Old City with their “A Collins Has No Name” creation. This summer cocktail is made with Bluebird Distilling Vodka, St. Germain, fresh lemon juice, house-made cucumber syrup, mint, and club soda.111 South Independence Mall E. | 610.933.7827 | https://bluebirddistilling.com/old-city/
- Townsend, tequila lovers can stop by Townsend this summer and sip on a delicious. What does the fox say, boasting Blanco Tequila, aloe liqueur, cucumber, lemon, pineapple, cocci americano and green chanteuse for $14? Located in the heart of East Passyunk, this award-winning three-bell restaurant is known for its innovative bar program and seasonal and hyper-local elegant French cuisine. 1623 East Passyunk Avenue | 267-639-3203 | https://www.townsendphl.com
- MilkBoy, the nation’s only entity including a bar, recording studio and live music venue, goes boldly into summer with not one but two cucumber cocktails at their Chestnut Street location. Guests can choose between a ($11) Cucumber Cooler — Effen cucumber vodka, lime, cucumber and cilantro — and a ($10) Pimm’s Cup — cucumber, lemon, and soda — while enjoying live music performances and bar food classics at one of Philadelphia’s most unique bars and music venues. 1100 Chestnut Street | 215-925-6455 | www.milkboyphilly.com
- Red Owl Tavern, located across from Independence Hall, offers guests a Tavern Pimm’s Cup ($10), made with 5 spice infused Pimm's, cucumber, mint and ginger ale. This refreshing cocktail is perfect for summer sipping at Red Owl Tavern’s newly renovated outside patio on 5th and Chestnut Sts, offering views of America’s birthplace and most historic square mile. 433 Chestnut Street | 215-923-2267 | www.redowltavern.com
- The Twisted Tail, located in historic Headhouse Square, serves guests a delicious yet straightforward cucumber vodka cocktail all summer long. Made with Grey Goose Pear, lime and cucumber, this refreshing libation — called Kool Kat — is the ultimate drink for a fun night with family and friends in Society Hill, just a few steps away from the waterfront and fun activities such as Spruce Street Harbor Park. 509 S. 2nd Street | 215-558-2471 | www.thetwistedtail.com