Philadelphia, PA - In honor of National Women’s History Month, MilkBoy is about to become MilkGirl this March, for a 12-day festivity, and this includes a fantastic all-female comedy show, rocking girl-gang, karaoke, a great beer launch, and much more, from Monday, March 4 to Friday, March 15 benefiting Girls Behind the Rock Show.
MilkBoy will become MilkGirl to celebrate National Women's History Month
For about two weeks, at all MilkBoy locations, various leading ladies in comedy, music as well as beer will join with each other to commemorate female-driven arts, music, and heritage. Entry for these events will benefit Girls Behind the Rock Show, a charity committed to supporting young women in the music scene.
“The MilkGirl pop-up aims to celebrate the achievements and strides that women of all ages have made in the entertainment industry with the hopes to inspire more to satisfy their dreams,” said Jamie Lokoff, co-owner of MilkBoy. “Only five percent of performances at MilKBoy ArtHouse are by women, so we’re working to greatly enhance women in our venues with this all-female party benefiting Girls Behind the Rock Band.”
MilkGirl South Street:
- Thursday, March 7 at 9 pm – Sara Sher of Sing Your Life Karoke hosts Women Who Rock Karaoke with songs by female-led bands
- Friday, March 8 at 8 pm – “Women Who Kill It… In Comedy” with some of the greater Philadelphia area’s funniest women:
- Chanel Ali, a standup comedian who blossomed on the Philadelphia circuit who is currently cast in multiple shows such as MTV’s The Girl Code
- Alyssa Al-Dookhi, an Arab American comedian who recently performed at the 2018 Women in Comedy Festival presented by HBO
- Latice Klapa, a weekly radio show host who has performed on The View for “Hilarious Housewives.”
- Tan Hoan, a Philly local seen at Philadelphia’s Bechdel Test Fest
- Saturday, March 9 at 8 pm – Laughs on Philly Presents: Abby Rosenquist and Peggy O’Leary
MilkGirl Philly (Chestnut Street)
- Friday, March 15, 5-8 pm – Extended happy hour with female-owned, New Belgium Brewing // Imbibers will receive an exclusive first-look at Mural, a new aqua fresca style beer. This light and refreshing beer, brewed with watermelon, lime, hibiscus and lime, will be exclusively available at MilkBoy Philly until it is released to the public in April. A female DJ will set the mood with music from female artists.
Ticket prices for MilkGirl performances vary from venue to venue and performance to performance. Tickets can be purchased in advance or at the door at each venue. For more information about pricing, dates, and times, go to: www.MilkGirl2019.com.