Philadelphia, PA - The James Beard Foundation’s 6th annual Taste America culinary tour is making a stop in Philadelphia for the 2nd year in a row, happening this November 2 – November 3. Taste America is a 10-city traveling dinner series bringing together the city’s greatest culinary talent for an unforgettable evening in celebration of the James Beard Foundation.
This year’s Local Star will be Nicholas Elmi (Laurel, ITV and Royal Boucherie), accompanied by Host Chef Jonathan Cichon (Lacroix and The Rittenhouse), Camille Cogswell (Zahav), Diana Widjojo (Hardena) Eli Kulp and John Patterson (Fork), Joey Baldino (Palizzi Social Club, Zeppoli), Marcie Turney and Valerie Safran (Barbuzzo), Michael Loughlin (Scarpetta Rittenhouse) and Tova du Plessis (Essen Bakery).
This year’s Co-Chairs include Eli Kulp and Ellen Yin (High Street Hospitality Group), Jay H. Shah (Hersha Hotels & Resorts), Laura Burkhardt (Visit Philadelphia) and Michael Schulson (Schulson Collective).
Friday, November 2nd at The Rittenhouse
5:30 pm – 6:30 pm: VIP Pre-Reception hosted by Jonathan Cichon at Lacroix at The Rittenhouse
6:00 pm – 7:30 pm: Cocktail & Tasting Reception with
- Eli Kulp & John Patterson, Fork
- Diana Widjojo, Hardena
- Joey Baldino, Zeppoli/Palizzi Social Club
- Marcie Turney & Valerie Safran, Barbuzzo
- Michael Loughlin, Scarpetta
7:30 pm – 9:30 pm: Seated 3 Course Dinner
- Course 1: Jonathan Cichon, Lacroix and The Rittenhouse (Host Chef)
- Course 2 : Nick Elmi, Laurel/ITV/Royal Boucherie (Local Star)
- Course 3: TBD National All-Star
9:30 pm – 10:30 pm: Dessert Reception with
- Camille Cogswell, Zahav
- Tova du Plessis, Essen Bakery
- The Rittenhouse Pastry Team
10:00 pm – 11:30 pm: After Party at Scarpetta Rittenhouse
Saturday, November 3 at Sur La Table King of Prussia
- 10:00 am – 11:00 am – Complimentary cooking demo with Nicholas Elmi
- 12:00 pm – 1:00pm – Complimentary Cooking Demo and Book Signing with TBD Visiting All Star Chef