Philadelphia, PA - Following a wildly successful initial year, Philadelphia Vegan Restaurant Week is back again this April 28 to May 4. and, PVRW will additionally be holding a Fall edition of Philly Vegan Restaurant Week which will be on October 13 through 19 later on this year.
Philadelphia's Vegan Restaurant Week
The long-standing South Street institution Tattooed Mom will be throwing a kick-off party and vegan bake sale on Sunday, April 28 (2pm-5pm) and V Marks the Shop is going to host the wrap-up party on May 4 (12pm-4pm) from their new brick and mortar store at 1515 McKean Street in South Philadelphia. Miss Rachel’s Pantry will also be holding a special night on Tuesday, April 30.
A percentage of the profits from the week-long event is going to be given to Misfit Manor, a Greater Philadelphia area rescue whose purpose is to rescue, rehabilitate and re-home at-risk animals. The manor also offers sanctuary to those that are not able to be adopted out, as well as cut down on the number of owner-surrenders by assisting in people care for companion animals.
There is two ways in which restaurants can take part in PVRW this year:
- Offer a three-course prix fixe vegan menu for $35 or $45, donating a % of proceeds to Misfit Manor.
- Serve one special vegan item or items throughout the week, donating a % of proceeds to Misfit Manor.
The full list of establishments, as well as special menus, can be found on the PVRW website. However, a few standouts include:
- Tomo Sushi & Ramen in Old City is offering a $35 prix fixe menu which features a brand-new item called the “Guacarollie Roll” as well as vegan mochi for dessert.
- Booker’s Restaurant and Bar in West Philly is promoting three options for the week, most notably a vegan Creole jambalaya.
- South Philly favorite Triangle Tavern is featuring an à La Carte menu this year, offering up vegan mozzarella sticks, vegan fried stuffed shell pizza, vegan buttermilk fried chicken sandwich, and much more!
Contributing restaurants will be revealed on a rolling basis through social media. For an updated list of all dining establishments or to discover more, check out the website www.phillyvrw.com