Easy to make using the slow cooker: This tex mex chicken stew will warn the entire family especially on a cold winter night and is a great left over late night snack.
- 1 12-ounce bag frozen chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 14.5-ounce can tomatoes, diced with zesty jalapenos or green chiles
- 2 15.5-ounce cans BUSH'S® Chili Magic® Chili Starter Texas Recipe
- 1 14.5-ounce can chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs left whole
- 2 well-drained 11-ounce cans corn, Mexican-style with red and green peppers
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 small can jalapeno wheels, for garnish (optional)
- sour cream, for garnish (optional)
2. Mix soft butter with flour in a small bowl to form a paste and stir into slow cooker. (It will dissolve once the ingredients get hot).
3. Tuck chicken thighs down into liquid so that they are totally submerged.
4. Cover and cook on low for seven hours.
5. After seven hours, remove chicken to a plate or bowl.
6. Add corn to cooker and raise heat to high.
7. Shred chicken with two forks and add back to cooker along with cream cheese.
8. Stir and heat on high until the cream cheese has melted and all ingredients are at serving temperature.
9. Serve in bowls and garnish with the jalapeno wheels and sour cream if desired.
Recipe by Martha Pesa
- Cocoa-Kissed Valentine: Red Velvet Pancakes
- Low Calorie Baked Salmon over Apple-Ginger Quinoa
- Simple Ice Cream Sandwich Terrine Recipe
- Simple and Easy Linguine Caprese Recipe
- Easy to Make Whole Wheat French Toast with Praline Topping