BBQ 101: Cajun Seafood Bake : Trade in those burgers and hot dogs for this Cajun Seafood Bake that will be the star of your weekend BBQ.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 lb. fresh wild caught jumbo shrimp
- 1 lb. fresh wild caught mussels or claims (which ever you prefer)
- 1 lb. crawfish
- 2 lbs. Polish kielbasa cut into 12 equal peices
- 1 lb. Spicy kielbasa cut into 6 equal pieces
- 8-10 red skinned potatoes quartered
- 1 medium sweet onion sliced
- 1 container of grape tomatoes cut into halves
- 3 ears of corn on the cob break into halves
- 6 gloves of fresh garlic smashed and then cut in half
- Fresh parsley chopped
- Fresh chives chopped
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Cajun spice
- 2 sticks of butter cut into tabs
What to do:
It’s a good idea to prep everything a few hours prior to cooking to avoid a lot of work all at once
- Peel, devein, clean, and season shrimp with Cajun spice, refrigerate until needed.
- Par cook both regular and spicy kielbasa over medium heat on stove top to brown the skin.
- In a pot, boil corn for about 5-7 minutes to soften.
- Mix together potatoes and sliced onion, then microwave for 12 minutes.
- When ready to cook, preheat grill to medium heat.
- Measure out roughly 12 pieces of 10-12 inches worth of tin foil.
- Lay one piece of foil down at a time and place 3 pieces of kielbasa (2 regular & 1 spicy), 4 shrimp, 2-3 mussels or clams, 2-3 crawfish, potatoes, onion, tomatoes, 1 piece of corn, 1 garlic glove, 4 tabs of sliced butter, fresh parsley, fresh chives, and season to taste (covering all components) with garlic powder, salt, onion, powder, and Cajun spicy.
- Cover with another piece of tin foil folding up the sides tightly to avoid any heat to escape. Repeat for remaining 5 packages.
- Place all packages on the bottom grate of grill for about 15 minutes.
- Remove and cut open or unfold top layer of tin foil. **WARNING** packages will be extremely hot, so handle with caution.
Serve with crusty bread for dipping and enjoy!!
Serving size= 6