Quinoa is hearty, healthy, and easy to make. Spoon it into a bowl and top it with Wonderful Halos mandarins, grilled chicken, cilantro, black beans, and savory chipotle lime vinaigrette for dinner or a packed lunch.
Mandarin and Quinoa Chicken Bowls
Prep: 15 minutes | Time to Table: 30 minutes | Serves 4
Mandarin and Quinoa Chicken Bowls:
4 Wonderful Halos mandarins, peeled and segmented
1 cup quinoa
¾ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon chili powder
¾ teaspoon ground cumin
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cups baby spinach
1 15-ounce can black beans, drained
1 small red bell pepper, sliced
1 avocado, pitted and sliced
1 scallion, sliced
Chipotle Lime Vinaigrette:
¼ cup lime juice
1 garlic clove, sliced in half
2 tablespoons honey
3 teaspoons adobo sauce, from canned chipotle in adobo
1 teaspoon kosher salt
? cup olive oil
1. Cook quinoa according to package directions and set aside to cool.
2. Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Mix together the salt, chili powder and cumin and rub on chicken. Grill chicken on both sides until cooked through; set aside to cool, then slice.
3. Make chipotle lime vinaigrette: Whisk together the lime juice, garlic, honey, adobo sauce, salt and olive oil. Then discard halved garlic cloves.
4. Peel Wonderful Halos mandarins and separate segments.
5. Spoon quinoa into 4 bowls. Top each bowl with some spinach, black beans, bell pepper, avocado, Wonderful Halos mandarin segments and sliced chicken. Drizzle each with vinaigrette and sprinkle with scallions to serve.
Tip: If making ahead for lunch, pack vinaigrette separately so bowl stays fresh