Philadelphia, PA - Thinking about visiting the 2018 Philly Home Show? We fit as many events, features and vendors into the Pennsylvania Convention Center as we can, so doing it all may seem overwhelming. We’ve picked eight highlights to be sure to check off your list. See our top eight things to do at the 2018 Philly Home Show.
1. Get up close and personal with HGTV and PBS celebrities - Tyler Wisler, HGTV’s Design Star contestant and a personality for interior design shows throughout the world, as well as Kevin O’Connor, host of This Old House on PBS, will be sharing their experiences and knowledge of design during multiple stage presentations. Tyler appears Jan. 12-14, and Kevin appears Jan. 19 and 20. Elevate your next home renovation or décor project with advice from these friendly pros!
2. Sixth Annual Habitat for Humanity Upcycle Challenge: Urban Jungle - We’re giving Philadelphia DIYers an old window and a $50 budget at Habitat for Humanity’s ReStore and challenging them to create their version of a city garden.
3. Providence Animal Shelter Barkitecture Village - Yes, you read correctly - this is architecture for your dog. We think your canine friend works hard, so we want to inspire new ways to build a place for your pet to have a reprieve. Be sure to stroll though this village of luxury doghouses. Also, don’t forget to bid on your favorite doghouse to take home for your furry friend!
4. Design with Grace in your Small Space - Working with a tight apartment you want to spruce up? The City Studios design feature showcases three distinct looks from area designers Tommi Mischell, Deb Foglia and Chaney Widmer that make the most of small spaces in creative ways. Get inspired with tips and tricks to bring your snug quarters to the next level.
5. Make-it, Take-it - Local crafters and designers come to the show to host their own Make-it, Take-it sessions, a free hands-on workshop, where you learn how to create a new craft and take it with you when you’re finished. These workshops are held throughout the run of the show.
6. Expert presentations - Our area is brimming with creative artists and designers, many of whom are eager to share their experiences and knowledge with the world. We have the area’s finest presenting their experience and knowledge throughout each day at the Main Stage furnished by Pottery Barn.
7. Honor our Heroes - We honor Dr. Martin Luther King on Jan. 15 by opening the doors free of charge to all teachers, nurses, first responders, firefighters, police and all active or retired military personnel.
8. Take action - Talk with vendors, exhibitors, bloggers and designers to get inspiration and begin the home project of your dreams. This show is tailored to inspire ideas about what projects can be accomplished and provide the means to do so - it’s time to turn your home into the home of your dreams!