Philadelphia, PA - It doesn’t take the Luck o’ the Irish to throw a great St. Patrick’s Day party. McCormick has developed tips and recipes for a festive celebration you’ll enjoy as much as your guests – including a make-ahead corned beef and ideas for using food color to tint food and drinks green.
Create Celtic Classics: Offer a one-pot recipe which is Cooked in advance so you'll be able to spend more time mingling. With guests. Try one of these crowd-pleasing Irish favorites as your primary dish:
- Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage – allow your slow cooker to perform the work. With a preparation time of merely 10 minutes, this particular Irish staple simmers in flavor during the day, creating a yummy and tender party entrée.
- Shepherds Pie with Cumin & Smashed Chickpeas – offer up this make-ahead one-dish dish filled with flavor coming from warm chickpeas, potatoes, roasted cumin, seasoned beef, and lamb. Merely bake before placing on the table.
Get Car-Away-ed with Irish Flavor: Caraway is a traditional component in Irish cuisine. Add caraway to sips as well as sides for even more traditional party fare:
- Caraway Cheese Spread – Add some Irish touches to store-bought cheese spread by merely mixing in caraway seeds – it’s a breeze to prepare.
- Irish Soda Bread – A simple, quick bread, try both a Traditional or Irish Cheddar adaptation for a yummy side to your delicious dinners.
- Caraway Stout Cocktail – create a caraway-infused simple syrup to flavor this mixed drink that makes use of Irish whiskey as well as traditional stout beer.
It’s Easy Being Green - Make use of this St. Patrick’s Day coloring tips for tinting store-purchased frosting and cake mix in various shades of green. Add green food coloring to cocktails, appetizers or sweets to put even more Irish pizzazz to your table:
- Irish Spuds and Dip – color your ranch dip green and pair alongside potato wedges for a very simple appetizer.
- Green Beer – Add some green food coloring to your favorite ice-cold brew to have an easy St. Patrick’s inspired beverage.
- Leprechaun Lemonade – offer this alcohol-free green lemonade, ideal for little Leprechauns and adults as well.
- Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies – Transform a classic into a green-tinted minty chocolate chip cookie most appropriate for St. Pat’s.
- Easy Green Velvet Cupcakes – astonish your party guests with this green velvet treat which takes cake mix to delicious new heights along with vanilla extract, sour cream, and cocoa.
- Philly's St. Patrick Day List of Alternatives to Green Beer Locations
- Philly Loves Beer Debuts in America’s Best Beer-Drinking City
- Philly's: Happy Hour in America’s Best Beer-Drinking City
- What is the Science of Whiskey Drinking
- Pros And Cons of Drinking Beer