Philadelphia, PA - It doesn’t take the Luck o’ the Irish to throw a great St. Patrick’s Day party. McCormick has developed tips and recipes for a festive celebration you’ll enjoy as much as your guests – including a make-ahead corned beef and ideas for using food color to tint food and drinks green.
Create Celtic Classics: Offer a one-pot recipe that is Cooked in advance so you'll be able to spend more time mingling. With guests. Try one of these crowd-pleasing Irish favorites as your primary dish:
- Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage – allow your slow cooker to perform the work. With a preparation time of merely 10 minutes, this particular Irish staple simmers in flavor during the day, creating a yummy and tender party entrée.
- Shepherds Pie with Cumin & Smashed Chickpeas – offer up this make-ahead one-dish dish filled with flavor coming from warm chickpeas, potatoes, roasted cumin, seasoned beef, and lamb. Merely bake before placing it on the table.
Get Car-Away-ed with Irish Flavor: Caraway is a traditional component in Irish cuisine. Add caraway to sips as well as sides for even more traditional party fare:
- Caraway Cheese Spread – Add some Irish touches to store-bought cheese spread by merely mixing in caraway seeds – it’s a breeze to prepare.
- Irish Soda Bread – A simple, quick bread, try both a Traditional or Irish Cheddar adaptation for a yummy side to your delicious dinners.
- Caraway Stout Cocktail – create a caraway-infused simple syrup to flavor this mixed drink that makes use of Irish whiskey as well as traditional stout beer.
It’s Easy Being Green - Make use of this St. Patrick’s Day coloring tips for tinting store-purchased frosting and cake mix in various shades of green. Add green food coloring to cocktails, appetizers or sweets to put even more Irish pizzazz to your table:
- Irish Spuds and Dip – color your ranch dip green and pair alongside potato wedges for a very simple appetizer.
- Green Beer – Add some green food coloring to your favorite ice-cold brew to have an easy St. Patrick’s inspired beverage.
- Leprechaun Lemonade – offer this alcohol-free green lemonade, ideal for little Leprechauns and adults as well.
- Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies – Transform a classic into a green-tinted minty chocolate chip cookie most appropriate for St. Pat’s.
- Easy Green Velvet Cupcakes – astonish your party guests with this green velvet treat which takes cake mix to delicious new heights along with vanilla extract, sour cream, and cocoa.
Food and Event Writer
My joy is aimed at food and foodie lovers. I enjoy covering trends, issues, and all things Philly